Thread: Door Chime Module

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Door Chime Module

Can Someone help me find a solution for the following. I am looking for 2 things, a plug-in chime, and a plug-in siren. What I want to do is put a z-wave plug-in appliance module and connect a plug-in siren to it. Once I trigger the plug-in module, I want the plug-in siren to sound (sort of like a plug in siren that has a on/off switch, but you keep the switch at on all the time while the z-wave plug-in module controls the siren by switching its mains power).

I know there is a z-wave siren out there by everspring. but all testing done with that device is negative (It just stops responding after 2 minutes from a factory reset), an error from my part is possible but i am still investigating.

Thanks,
    HadiEsper
    http://www.ShifraSmartHomes.com - First Z-wave Smart Home Automation Solution Provider in the Middle East

Quite often sirens will only sound for preset period of time. Rules and regulations differ from country to country. And in some countries if a siren sounds and its a false alarm you get fined.
    But in general the normal cut off is around 3 to 5 minutes, though some can be set up to 10minutes.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog