• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hadiesper
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2010

Door Chime Module

Can Someone help me find a solution for the following. I am looking for 2 things, a plug-in chime, and a plug-in siren. What I want to do is put a z-wave plug-in appliance module and connect a plug-in siren to it. Once I trigger the plug-in module, I want the plug-in siren to sound (sort of like a plug in siren that has a on/off switch, but you keep the switch at on all the time while the z-wave plug-in module controls the siren by switching its mains power).

I know there is a z-wave siren out there by everspring. but all testing done with that device is negative (It just stops responding after 2 minutes from a factory reset), an error from my part is possible but i am still investigating.

Thanks,
    HadiEsper
    http://www.ShifraSmartHomes.com - First Z-wave Smart Home Automation Solution Provider in the Middle East
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Quite often sirens will only sound for preset period of time. Rules and regulations differ from country to country. And in some countries if a siren sounds and its a false alarm you get fined.
    But in general the normal cut off is around 3 to 5 minutes, though some can be set up to 10minutes.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X