Infinity prime alarm modem type - analogue or digital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marius_sirbu
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2010

Infinity prime alarm modem type - analogue or digital?

Hello everybody,

I have an Infinity Prime wireless alarm in my house. The alarm has a PSTN module which allows you to connect the landline phone to the alarm.
    Also you can set a mobile phone number that the alarm will call automatically when it will go off.
    Since I have switched my landline to TalkTalk, the alarm is not able to connect to the landline anymore.
    I did not touch the cables either I have opened the alarm control panel.

in a previous thread that I posted (http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ad.php?p=13119) I was told that it might not work if the alarm uses an analogue modem, as TalkTalk is using VOIP.

I would very much appreciate if anybody could tell me the following
    1. There is anybody having the same configuration like me (Infinity alarm with TalkTalk landline provider? If yes, is the alarm able to connect to your landline?
    2. Does anybody know the type of modem (analogue or digital) used by the Infinity alarm?

Thank you very much,
    marius
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Why not buy the GSM module for the alarm.
    This would certainly solve the problem,and you would also get text alerts as well.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• marius_sirbu
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2010

Thanks for your replay. To be honest, I have never though about buying the GSM module. Actually, I have to admit that you are perfectly right, it would solve all my problmes, as there will be no dependency on the landine anymore.

However, my question was purely triggered by curiosity, I was just curious to understand if the problem I am currently facing is the PSTN modem being analogue as suggested in a previous post...

Kind regards,
      marius

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Did you have to change your phone when you went over to Talk Talk.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• marius_sirbu
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Sep 2010

No, not at all. A TalkTalk engineer came and he just changed something to the landline socket.

Kind regards,
          marius

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Hmm, then he must of put some kind of adapter I guess either in the socket or changed the socket.
            Have you tried looking here they might be able to help you.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• marius_sirbu
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Sep 2010

I have tried the TalkTalk forum and not only. I have spent a lot of time googling the issue. Unfortunately I did not find anything similar, I mean a different user reporting the same problem, in this configuration: Infinity alarm & TalkTalk.
              I have found few links related to Infinity alarm,which took me to the automatedhome website.

As I said, besides of being a serious problem, I am really upset that it seems nobody is able to help me with this issue: I have even called the ESP technicall support centre, but of course that they did not have a clue.

So here I am, bothering you people with questions and trying to see what is the cause of this issue

Regards,
              Marius

Comment

• toscal
                • Oct 2005

Just had a quick look at the install manual.
                Try changing from DTMF to Pulse for the outgoing number. Don't think this will cure the problem but its worth a try.
                Also look at the PTSN country option and try changing this to custom, and see what options are available to you. Talk Talk may be able to help you or not.
                Can't think of anything else.
                Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• marius_sirbu
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Sep 2010

I will definitely give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you very much for all the time you spent answering me.

Kind regards.

Comment

• katman
                    • Jan 2004

I think you are basically scuppered so long as you have Talk Talk as your call provider.

I know of a couple of alarm systems with autodiallers that stopped working after the call provider was changed to Talk Talk and there are several people on the Tivo forums complaining that their Tivos are unable to make the daily call since changing.

Basically analogue modems and VOIP dont play nicely together
                    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
                    http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

• TimH
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Feb 2004

It sounds like you might need to change to a GSM dial-out module (last item on this page: http://www.wholesalesecurity.net/htm...ss_alarm_.html)
                      Unfortunately it looks like that module costs the same as the panel itself

Either that or move away from Talk Talk (or have a 2nd line with someone else, just for the alarm). What do TT's terms & conditions say? Do they warn that certain services are not possible, or guaranteed?

Cheers,

Tim.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

• LOCKEDUP
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Nov 2008

Have you got it working?

Is your phone line still PSTN?

There are to possible issues:

1. Your phone line is VOIP
                        2. Your phone line is still PSTN, is your BBwith Talk Talk? could this be interfering with it? try tunring of your router then trying your alarm.

Comment

Working...
                        X