• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • automate-me
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by steve_m View Post
    a) Sonos – But for 11 main rooms plus a further 3 zones, it’s going to be very expensive, and still won’t solve visual media, I do like that it gives me access to Napster though, and I don’t know if any of the other solutions can do that, can they?
    Not entirely sure.... Sonos is a nice interface to do what you want to do but as you say it's costly.... Are you going to hard wire sonos?

Have you looked into Nuvo, Opus, Audio Authority, RusSound??

Nuvo's solution offers a music port to integrate to your pc or they do a server. The main benefit with Nuvo is having hard wired keypads in each room...

Not sure what Control 4's music solution is like....

Just some ideas
    My views are my own
    Works for Home Cinema UK, TV Stands, AV Candy.

Comment

• i-Home
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by automate-me View Post
      Not entirely sure.... Sonos is a nice interface to do what you want to do but as you say it's costly.... Are you going to hard wire sonos?

Have you looked into Nuvo, Opus, Audio Authority, RusSound??

Nuvo's solution offers a music port to integrate to your pc or they do a server. The main benefit with Nuvo is having hard wired keypads in each room...

Not sure what Control 4's music solution is like....

Just some ideas
      IMHO Sonos is as cheap as u get for what it gives you.

To cover the same number of zones, pretty much any other similar level of multi-room audio solution (nuvo, opus, etc...) will cost more, and most also will only cope with the audio side of things.

I'd suggest wiring for Sonos throughout and fitting out whatever you need and can afford initially, and add more to the system as time goes on. Sonos is good that way allowing you to start small and add zoneplayers whenever it suits.

HTH

Stephen
      www.i-home.co.uk | Our Flickr Installation Gallery

Comment

• automate-me
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by i-Home View Post
        IMHO Sonos is as cheap as u get for what it gives you.

To cover the same number of zones, pretty much any other similar level of multi-room audio solution (nuvo, opus, etc...) will cost more, and most also will only cope with the audio side of things.

I'd suggest wiring for Sonos throughout and fitting out whatever you need and can afford initially, and add more to the system as time goes on. Sonos is good that way allowing you to start small and add zoneplayers whenever it suits.

HTH

Stephen
        Totally agree... I just wanted to point out other options...

I would ALWAYS hard wire sonos though...
        My views are my own
        Works for Home Cinema UK, TV Stands, AV Candy.

Comment

Working...
        X