Building a new house - a/v options / ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryanthedogs
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mackers View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for this. I was wondering if I needed basic TV and hence the need for coax for example if i was only using sky and not freeview would I need an aerial?
    Understand I need coax for freeview / basic TV.
    Regards
    Hi I am just starting an install and having similar dilemmas! As for the coax I still intend to install a standard tv signal like the one attached. http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product..._Sky_boxes.pdf

I just believe this gives me greater flexibility in terms of current tv & sky distribution. Hope this helps

Comment

• automate-me
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Ryanthedogs View Post
      Hi I am just starting an install and having similar dilemmas! As for the coax I still intend to install a standard tv signal like the one attached.

I just believe this gives me greater flexibility in terms of current tv & sky distribution. Hope this helps
      Why not install everything to a central hub instead of running the sky feeds direct to point? Installing things into a central hub gives you a alot more flexibility to use a patch panel system to make any coax point either a sky feed or standard rf distribution.
      My views are my own
      Works for Home Cinema UK, TV Stands, AV Candy.

Comment

• Ryanthedogs
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by automate-me View Post
        Why not install everything to a central hub instead of running the sky feeds direct to point? Installing things into a central hub gives you a alot more flexibility to use a patch panel system to make any coax point either a sky feed or standard rf distribution.
        I was going to install the lab gear distribution equipment on the wall in my node zero so I can always have that option.

To begin with though this works for me as I'm gonna pick two sky box positions which will probably never change. I then get to watch two sky channels at the other tv locations through the rf out.

Comment

Working...
        X