Thread: Comfort takes Control....

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Comfort takes Control....

I've finally got Comfort having full control of my heating/hotwater and the old programmer is redundant (I already had the option of comfort giving the occasional +1Hr boost)

I thought the shortage of time programs was going to stop me but I've got round it using Counters and a single timer instead. So Comfort has :-

Morning On/Off & Evening On/Off for both Heating & Hot Water. Seperate Settings for Weekdays and Weekends. Morning / Evening settings for either Hotwater or Heating can be enabled/disabled by setting Flags. Integrated with 1 Hour boost aswell.

Becasue the settings are stored as counters - I can adjust them from HomeSeer. This is a manual process at the moment - but I'm working on a PHP page to control the settings via HomeSeer.

Also means I can now graph the heating on/off status and overlay with temperature graphs - which so far tells me my thermostat is in the wrong room and I need more DS1820s

Deano

Automated Home Lurker

Default Re: Comfort takes Control....

Are you using honeywell smartfit .. or something else?
    Thought about zoning?

Automated Home Jr Member

Just Comfort controlling a couple of relays (http://www.eatworms/ha/heating.php). And yes I've thought about Zoning - but then stopped when I realised it involved some plumbing and The house isnt really big enough to warrant it.

Deano

Deano - sounds good

Any screenshots of your graph page? Pics of temp sensors etc?

Thanks

M.

Automated Home Jr Member

No pics of the temp sensor (its just a DS1820 sticking out the back of a PIR).

This is typical of the graphs I can now create...

When I've got everything working as I want I'll write it all up - as I will the graphing setup I have - which allows very quick and easy graphing of either the Value or Status of any HomeSeer device using rrdtool. The graph above is a composite of Homeseer device values for the Temperature (from my das3145 plug-in) and Comfort output status (from Patrick/Paul's HomeSeer plug-in)

Deano