• Show
Clear All
  • beev
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2010

Wall switch working, but strangely

Hi,

I've just bought this double wall switch from UK Automation:

It came very quickly, but I didn't think it was the right one as the instruction sheet describes it as a dimmable model for incandescent lamps. The one I ordered is supposed to be non-dimmable so I can use it with a 2D 26W ceiling lamp. The model number printed on the instruction sheet and also on the unit is PLC-R 2221E.

I called up UK Automation, who assured me that the unit definitely is non-dimmable and therefore suitable for my lamp. However, having set it up, the light is behaving rather oddly. It takes quite a while to start up, then once on it flickers rapidly.

Is it likely that this is, in fact, the wrong type of light switch?
  • beev
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2010

Also, if this is the wrong unit, is it likely to have damaged my light or my bulb?

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

If its flickering, and takes a while to start up then I would say you have the dimming version. Can you try the switch with a normal bulb.
      Last edited by toscal; 18 February 2011, 04:32 PM.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• beev
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2010

Thanks. Apart from this one, I have all CFL lights in my flat so can't test. I checked the model number, though, and it is the dimmer switch I've been sent. I've returned it.

Comment

• EasyHomeAutomation
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jul 2011

Conducting

I had this issue once and it was due to the screw in the face plate touching on the back pannel
          Charley Adams
          www.easyhomeautomation.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X