• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr_a_daily
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2010

x10 byebye byron

I'm currently running x10 through a whs using ahp, 6 lamp modules, 2 appliance moa dules and 2 hawkeyes. All my tv viewing is through a dedicated w7 media center, and I stream to xbox in bedroom. All gets a bit flakey!
    Don't know which way to go, x10 misses commands a few times a day, I want to control everything through everything, and I'm not made of money. Whs and w7mc home made.
    Thinking of changing to different home automation brand but want budget and want to be able to.control via media center, web, android. Plus thinking of pulling my central heating and hot water timer off the wall and chucking in a couple of appliance modules.

Please someone lend a little advice as I really don't know which way to go.
    Cheers
    dylan
  • mr_a_daily
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2010

thanks chris but was hoping for more oppinions on the other makes and their integration with media center.

Comment

• bailers
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2010

Hi dylan,

I use mainly homeeasy units and they are very reliable (99,9%) although i am in a small bungalow. I control using an rfxcom transmitter/reciever which is connected to an old laptop which is running homeseer. All in all a very reliable, customisable and cost effective system that i am able to make grow and grow. I think the is a w7mc plugin for homeseer although i dont use it myself (i have not yet set up a media server but it is my plan to use xbmc).

If you want any more info i would be happy to help
      Chris

Comment

• mr_a_daily
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by bailers View Post
        Hi dylan,

I use mainly homeeasy units and they are very reliable (99,9%) although i am in a small bungalow. I control using an rfxcom transmitter/reciever which is connected to an old laptop which is running homeseer. All in all a very reliable, customisable and cost effective system that i am able to make grow and grow. I think the is a w7mc plugin for homeseer although i dont use it myself (i have not yet set up a media server but it is my plan to use xbmc).

If you want any more info i would be happy to help
        Chris
        bailers, thanks ever so much for the reply, home easy sounds like the way forward then with the reliability and low cost, only big cost is the homeseer, do you have to pay subscription for HS or one off payment for the software?.

anyone else use a w7mc for control?

cheers again

Comment

• mr_a_daily
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2010

which transmitter do you use? seems there are some for 20 quid if you plug it into your lan and use homeseer... can this be right? or am i missing something? cheers

Comment

• FrankMcAlinden
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by mr_a_daily View Post
            which transmitter do you use? seems there are some for 20 quid if you plug it into your lan and use homeseer... can this be right? or am i missing something? cheers
            Hi

If interested in Home easy have a look at xPL...its free

HTH

Frank
            Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
            http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

Working...
            X