• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diblus
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2011

Shower - help please

Morning,

We have a water cylinder in our flat heated by electric, is there anyway I can cool the hot water that comes out of the shower? Our shower pumps out scolding hot water but as soon as I try to introduce cold water, the pump from the water cylinder cuts out and the hot water stops. It is almost like the pressure from the cold water is more powerful and the hot can’t cope. We recently changed the shower head but this shouldn't make a difference? You can tell from this description I am not technical so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

What type of shower head did you change to.
    And was it doing it with the old shower head. If it wasn't then put the old shower head back and see what happens.
    What type of mixer tap do you have.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Diblus
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2011

All good questions

All good questions Toscal, but i am afraid I do not have the answers. It wasn't as bad with the last shower head but still happened but at least I could introduce cold water so the shower was bearable. Too much cold water and it would cut out. Now I can't seem to do that so the new shower head must play a part.

I have thrown the old shower head away so can't check. I have now called a local plumber in now to look at this. Thanks for your post.

Comment

Working...
      X