• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simbarr1
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2007

Idratek alternative wall switches

Hi all, I am about to start a new extension as needless to I want to automate left, right and centre. I really like the design ethos of idratek; pc control with a fall-back basic distributed control system but can't convince my wife about the look modules on the wall.

However, she was dead impressed by a demo of a Lutron setup a while back and I can see why . When you look at established lighting control companies they all have a very similar controls. I know I can wire up some momentary switches to a digital input (the varilight ones look good) but does anyone have any other ideas. A typical lighting control is compact and also provides feedback, I don't want to compromise on the user interface but I would rather user a flexible setup like Idratek over expensive lighting only systems.

Does anyone know of any generic wall controls that could be integrated into idratek?

Many thanks in advance,

Simon
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

some thoughts ...

why have any modules on the wall ?

why not fully automate (sensors as appropriate) ...

and if you need manual intervention, put some buttons somewhere convenient to wherever you would want to intervene from ...

third-party individual momentary switches could be installed almost anywhere, in any style, visible & almost invisible, that might suit ...

???
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• simbarr1
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2007

Thanks

Hi Chris,

Sorry only just realized I hadn't posted a reply - thanks for the tip. With switches like that you can make up what you like. I needed to think more out of the box...

Comment

Working...
      X