Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Retrofitting Idratek in soon to be our house

Automated Home Guru cliffwright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddr View Post
    Ok well I'd give the thumbs up anyway if you were going to start making these devices.
    Idratek don't make Homeeasy products (unless I'm missing something) . . . (If I've read it right) Karam is simply talking about the feasibility of creating an interface to issue control commands 'to' these devices with the obvious limitation that these devices don't 'talk back' so Cortex can't get a sense of device status - exactly the same as the existing X10 gateway functionality that Cortex already has.

Does anyone know whether the RF communication methodology of Homeeasy is more reliable than the powerline methodology of X10? What I'm trying to understand is what would a Homeeasy gateway in cortex have to offer over and above that of the X10 gateway?

Quote Originally Posted by cliffwright View Post
    Idratek don't make Homeeasy products (unless I'm missing something) . . . (If I've read it right) Karam is simply talking about the feasibility of creating an interface to issue control commands 'to' these devices with the obvious limitation that these devices don't 'talk back' so Cortex can't get a sense of device status - exactly the same as the existing X10 gateway functionality that Cortex already has.

Does anyone know whether the RF communication methodology of Homeeasy is more reliable than the powerline methodology of X10? What I'm trying to understand is what would a Homeeasy gateway in cortex have to offer over and above that of the X10 gateway?
    Ahhh - Ok I have misunderstood.

Well, from what I have read, it seems the same if not a little more reliable. Alot of the users of Homeeasy have one of these rfxcom things (http://www.rfxcom.com/) that they swear by for more reliable/stronger sending of commands.