• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cortell
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2011

Marmitek SC9000

Hi,

I bought this some time ago (more than a year ago!) and have only got around to setting up the Home Control side of things. However, I can't get it to work at all. All the alarm side of things work fine but the Home Control element isn't working. I live in a fairly ordinary modern house with a standard consumer board. I've tried switching off and unplugging everything in the house apart from the boiler to minimise any level of interference to no avail. It so happens a colleague had the same unit in a previous house and had a similar problem in that the Home Control side of things didn't work most of the time which turned out to be a faulty PSU or at least a new PSU cured the problem.

Anyone come across this problem before or any other suggestions on what to do to test it?

Thanks
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Best way to test if its the PSU as this also contains the X10 interface, is to plug the console into a mains strip and plug in an x10 module next to it. If this works then the problem maybe else where. The next step is to gradually increase the distance between the console and the X10 module, but make sure it is still on the same ring main (or get a really long extension cable 20m or so). If this doesn't work shorten the distance and see what happens . If this OK then plug one thing into another ring main and see what happens.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• cortell
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2011

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried what you suggested and no joy so I guess a new PSU is required.
      I don't know a great deal about this stuff so this might be a daft question. Is there a controller I can buy that plugs into a PC but can also monitor the status of the alarm sensors as well as do the X10 stuff?

Thanks
      Last edited by cortell; 25 March 2011, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• franktate
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Feb 2007

I had a similar problem and replaced the PSU - now its all sorted. I am guessing it must be a common fault.

Frank

Comment

• cortell
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by franktate View Post
          I had a similar problem and replaced the PSU - now its all sorted. I am guessing it must be a common fault.

Frank
          Yep it was the PSU. New one turned up the other day and all sorted. However, neither of the two LM15EB lamp modules are working and as I gather they are also a bit flaky.

I also bought the CM15Pro and have setup my alarm system with it. However, one of DS90 door/window sensors is playing up as it seems to think it's an SH624 remote whenever I try and configure it. Everything has registered ok.

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Have a look at RFXCOM.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• cortell
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by toscal View Post
              Have a look at RFXCOM.
              Thanks although I'm not entirely sure I quite follow what it all does I'll have a better read when I have some time.

Managed to get all the security sensors working. The window sensor had registered itself as an appliance somehow.

How can I test to see if the LM15 lamp bayonet is working or not? They can't both be faulty. Maybe they can! When I switch on the power the light comes on and no amount of reprogramming makes any difference to either of them. Doing a bit of digging it seems that if it's last state was on then it will come on when you switch on the power so the fact that they are coming on doesn't necessarily mean they are faulty so it feels like operator error rather than a fault.

Comment

• cortell
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Mar 2011

Operator error

I wrote a macro in Active home to do the programming which worked. Can't work out what I was doing wrong using the remote!

Comment

• toscal
                  • Oct 2005

The LM15 are not that reliable. Are you using a normal bulb or a low energy CFL.
                  Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• cortell
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Mar 2011

The LM15 are not that reliable. Are you using a normal bulb or a low energy CFL.
                    A normal bulb. It's working now. Just setting up the motion sensors. Managed to configure them but can't review or set the delay time...the manuals all appear to be slightly illogical as well.

Comment

• toscal
                      • Oct 2005

Which motion sensors do you have.
                      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• cortell
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Mar 2011

Which motion sensors do you have.

The MS13E. Tried again tonight and can't get it to review/change the delay. Not an issue with this one as it's controlling a dark hallway light so the default 1 minute is fine. I have a number of others to set up in bedrooms so need the delay to last a bit longer.

Comment

Working...
                        X