• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgevella
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2010

Dynalite USB/RS232 module & software

Hello everyone,

I am currently checking out Dynalite's intelligent lighting systems. I asked the installer to provide a module to integrate the system with a PC for remote control of the lights. He proposed the DTK-622 module. Has any used this module? I am reading that it requires the DLight2 software. Is it complicated to use? Can it be integrated with HomeSeer or other controllers? Does it provide some sort of API or a way to send commands to the lighting controller?

I know that Dynalite provides another RS232 module: DMNG232, which can accept commands via telnet (I am a software developer so writing some code to communicate through this is a piece of cake). Should I go for this module or stick with the DTK-622?

Thanks alot,

George
  • kris2lee
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2010

Can you inform us about Dynalite pricing? This information is impossible to find.

Comment

• nickgale
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jun 2005

Dynalite is only sold through installers who have been on training, that is why you won't find any pricing. The USB interface is used for programming using DLight and now Envision which replaces it (well overdue, DLight is 16bit!). You need the DMNG232 for integration which works in plain text mode i.e. send it "A=3 P=2 F=4" and all the lights in area 3 will fade to preset 2 over 4 seconds.

Comment

• kris2lee
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by nickgale View Post
        Dynalite is only sold through installers who have been on training, that is why you won't find any pricing.
        So this means that it is very probably overpriced. Still it would be interesting to see any hint.

Comment

• georgevella
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kris2lee View Post
          So this means that it is very probably overpriced. Still it would be interesting to see any hint.
          yes it is kinda overpriced, especially when it comes to integrating it with the rest of the systems in the house - multi room audio & home theatre. I am now re-considering some alternatives, z-wave is becoming more and more interesting, and DIY touch keypads, but wall mount brackets are hard to come by.

Comment

• kris2lee
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Mar 2010

So nobody does not want to give any hard numbers?

Comment

• kris2lee
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2010

So, you can find Dynalite prices from Morban website (http://www.morban.co.uk
              ). Not for individual items but for packages but it would still give some price indication.

Comment

Working...
              X