• Show
Clear All
  • jcmiguel
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2008

PIR Sensor into Cortex

I have one of these outside:

Manual here:

I would like to connect it into Idratek using its 12v power supply from one of the nodes (and connecting the sensor into the DFP-H02. Power is easy but I am strugling to find the way for the sensor. There is an A (the other I would assume is the minus but I believe there is power as the specs talk about current ( A' Open collector -ve switching - 25mA max. Alarm period 400ms).
    Can anyone help me on that? What do I have to do to protect cortex and run the sensor into the module?
    Regards
  • eddr
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Mar 2011

Funnily enough I'd like to know too - I think I'll be purchasing a couple of these. You'll have to let us know how you get on with it - Are you mounting it at the top of your house like in the diagram? I'd be interested to see whether it really does do that coverage!

Comment

• jcmiguel
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2008

I have it 3mts high looking down and sideways. I will post results when working.

Comment

• ludditeal
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Feb 2004

Not an electronics expert and may be an easier way I guess but at the bottom of the PDF it shows a diagram for providing volt free contacts via a relay via a Diode and a relay. The first of the applications??

Cheers
        Allan

Comment

• jcmiguel
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Apr 2008

So let me try to get this right:
          In my picture I connect power from idratek rig at (+) and (-)
          I also connect (-) and A to the module sensor (a volt free connection).
          Can anyone with electronics understanding confirm that?
          Attached Files

Comment

• simbarr1
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Oct 2007

Open Collector

jcmiguel,

All my idratek knowledge is theoretical at this point but that should work fine, open collector outputs basically use a transistor as a switch so the output is switched to gnd (-ve) or not. The only caveat is the "volt free" idratek input might need a 10k pull up resistor on it - can anyone with actual install experience comment? If you choose to use a relay instead make sure you add a diode as well. Are these PIR's cheap?

Comment

• Geps
              Automated Home Guru
              • Nov 2010

Wire it up with a relay as in the PDF you posted to. Then connect the switch contacts (Common and EITHER NO or NC) to the volt free inputs on the Idratek module and 0V (which way doesn't matter). I'm also not sure if you want to power the sensor off the Idranet....if it were me I'd be tempted to setup a higher rated power supply network for powering sensors.....

Comment

• Viv
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Dec 2004

I have used about ten of these units in a property connected to a DIO module. However you can use the digital inputs on any of the Idratek modules.

Power the unit from the Idratek supply. Ideally from the power being feed to the module whos inputs you are using.

Simply connect the 'A' output of the sensor to the digital input of the module. The 'S' output is not used.

Idratek modules have pullup resistors on the inputs so open collector outputs are suitable.

On the Behaviour menu for the PIR object you would have associated with the digital input, you need to check the invert box so that it senses correctly.

Viv.

Comment

• jcmiguel
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Apr 2008

Supper!
                  Thanks Viv

Comment

Working...
                  X