• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sichedelic
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2009

Non Idratek sensor data into Cortex

Hello,

I have a weather station set up at home from which I want to import/insert the temperature data into a Cortex temperature object.

Having been woken early today by a howling southerly, I had a little time to sit and tinker (a dangerous past-time ). The summary of my efforts is as follows. I added a THS object to Cortex, enabled the Cortex API and then by using the API tried to set the alternative temperature source port with temperature values. My hope was the virtual THS would accept the values and they would be available within Cortex.

Unfortunately for me, this didn't seem to work which inclines me to believe I'm way off track.

Has anyone attempted this, or have such a setup working? I was hoping to use the API to insert the temperature data because the weather data is stored in an easily accessibly format on the same server as Cortex runs.

Appreciate any suggestions/comments.
    Last edited by Sichedelic; 25 April 2011, 09:16 PM.
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

>howling southerly ...

ouch, it being all high-pressure here-abouts, just now, that sounds as though you must be some way to the south of the equator ... ?

Chris
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 25 April 2011, 09:53 PM.
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Sichedelic
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2009

Yes, I'm south of the equator and certainly not enjoying any stable air pressure about now :-|

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
        Automated Home Legend
        • Dec 2007

of course, as I now realise, my powers of deduction were a bit wasted - the header to your posting actually tells where you are !

hopefully Karam or Viv will help with your query - my feeling is you are trail-blazing a little, and once you have a solution it will open quite a few doors for the rest of us, for other data-sources ...
        Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Viv
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Dec 2004

A recent change to the temperature object has caused this method not to work.
          The change was to allow multiple connections to the auxillary input to allow averaging of multiple sensors.

The next update to Cortex 25.1.1 will allow the use of the API into this input to work.

Viv

Comment

• Sichedelic
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Apr 2009

Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Sichedelic
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Apr 2009

Thanks Viv, 25.1.1 works a treat and I'm now loading my weather station temperature data into Cortex.

Just as a half thought, if you ever wanted to create a anemometer and wind direction object in Cortex then I wouldn't complain :-) - or deliver an extensible plugin framework where we can code our own logic objects :-D. Seriously though - thanks for the quick fix.
              Last edited by Sichedelic; 30 April 2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Viv
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Sichedelic View Post
                if you ever wanted to create a anemometer and wind direction object in Cortex then I wouldn't complain :-)
                You can have an anemometer now. Create Virtual pulse count meter. Make icon anemometer.
                Use "Alternative power (rate) source" input via API to set value. So you can set meter to Miles and Time to Hour. Then send via API say 5.31 and it will display 5.31Miles/hr.

Direction not possible at present. Requires analogue input module heavily filtered internally before packets are sent out. Present model generates to much network traffic.

Viv.

Comment

• Sichedelic
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Apr 2009

Thanks Viv.

Comment

• Viv
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Dec 2004

Just as a half thought, if you ever wanted to create a anemometer and wind direction object in Cortex then I wouldn't complain
                    Cortex 25.1.3
                    Analogue Signal object now has choosable icons. These are animated to represent level.
                    An icon is provided that represents a compass for wind direction.
                    Anemometers with a wind vane often provide direction via a potentiometer (variable resistor) so are suited to analogue input object. See help for setup.

A virtual analogue signal object (one not attached to Idratek QAI hardware) can now be added.
                    This can receive input data via xAP or Cortex API.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Sichedelic
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Apr 2009

Hi Viv,

I have the anemometer running and configured as you described - many thanks.

My only question is that the background of the icon turns red as soon as I apply a value to it. Is this by design, or is that icon background color user definable? I think I've tried changing the obvious settings, but no joy.

In case anyone stumbles across this post, I'm now importing the temperature stats from an external WS1083 weather station into Cortex using the methods described by Viv above. If anyone is interested, then I'm happy to share the application for others to use.

Comment

• Viv
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Dec 2004

My only question is that the background of the icon turns red as soon as I apply a value to it.
                        The Icon goes 'Hot' when the count > 0. So no wind and the icon goes cold.

The icons are in \Images\Image Select XX\Pulse Count Hot 2.ico where XX is the icon size.

So you can change them but they may get updated from time to time so keep a backup.

Viv.

Comment

Working...
                        X