• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stachoo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2009

DFP display update problem

Hi All,

After the last tweeting of my Cortex configuration, my DFP displays have stopped updating. When I press a button to trigger a menu - such as HVAC, Alarm Pro or a custom menu, I can hear the spoken announcments and can select options, but the menu doesn't appear on screen.

Same thing when I try to display a message using the All Displays object - nothing happens. Furthermore, the display screen update seems very slow - when I start the network, it takes a few minutes before the IDRA logo gets replaced with my defined 'idle' screen.
    The problem seems to affect all my DFP-s.

Does anyone know what may be the reason?
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Don't know what tweaks you carried out so difficult to say, but a couple of things to check:

- In the menu annunciation options, is the Display Prompts check box enabled?
    - When you action a menu does the DFP display object behaviour window show the DFP display changing correctly i.e even though the physical display is not?

Comment

• stachoo
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2009

Hi Karam,
      I have checked the points You asked for:

In the menu annunciation options, is the Display Prompts check is enabled

When I action a menu the DFP display object behaviour window shows the DFP display changing correctly while the physical display isn't changing at all.

Just after I got Your previous feedback, the displays started working properly, but now the problem is back again - after I did an auto-reflex reprogramming of the whole network, a network reset and I switched the language option in Cortex. I don't know if one of those changes could trigger the problem again.

Thanx and Best regards

Comment

• stachoo
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2009

I have just found, the display update problem happens every time I restart the network or even if I reboot a pannel using a reflex command. After quite long time (say an hour) from network start, the displays start operating normally.

It also seems to be related with the macro freezing problem I have posted a few weeks ago. Some of my macros seem to freeze while trying to action an object (such as a light). I have dumped the macro debug log and it seems the macro is waiting for some messages from all my display pannels. Here is the log:

12:02:30 Ogród Podlewanie is running.
        Current item (2) is triggering object: trawnik przed domem.Pulsowanie w³¹czone.
        Current state:
        Has been actioned
        Waiting for condition to be satisifed:
        An action to complete as Packets waiting to be sent to network from
        Garaz Display
        Biblioteka Display
        Przedsionek Display
        Sypialnia rodziców Display
        Salon panel Display
        Œluza Modu³ PIR

Audio is OK
        Item NOT complete

The macros seem to work properly when the displays are fine. Any ideas what may be the cause or what else I could check?

Comment

Working...
        X