• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stachoo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2009

DFP display update problem

Hi All,

After the last tweeting of my Cortex configuration, my DFP displays have stopped updating. When I press a button to trigger a menu - such as HVAC, Alarm Pro or a custom menu, I can hear the spoken announcments and can select options, but the menu doesn't appear on screen.

Same thing when I try to display a message using the All Displays object - nothing happens. Furthermore, the display screen update seems very slow - when I start the network, it takes a few minutes before the IDRA logo gets replaced with my defined 'idle' screen.
    The problem seems to affect all my DFP-s.

Does anyone know what may be the reason?
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Don't know what tweaks you carried out so difficult to say, but a couple of things to check:

- In the menu annunciation options, is the Display Prompts check box enabled?
    - When you action a menu does the DFP display object behaviour window show the DFP display changing correctly i.e even though the physical display is not?

Comment

• stachoo
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2009

Hi Karam,
      I have checked the points You asked for:

In the menu annunciation options, is the Display Prompts check is enabled

When I action a menu the DFP display object behaviour window shows the DFP display changing correctly while the physical display isn't changing at all.

Just after I got Your previous feedback, the displays started working properly, but now the problem is back again - after I did an auto-reflex reprogramming of the whole network, a network reset and I switched the language option in Cortex. I don't know if one of those changes could trigger the problem again.

Thanx and Best regards

Comment

• stachoo
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2009

I have just found, the display update problem happens every time I restart the network or even if I reboot a pannel using a reflex command. After quite long time (say an hour) from network start, the displays start operating normally.

It also seems to be related with the macro freezing problem I have posted a few weeks ago. Some of my macros seem to freeze while trying to action an object (such as a light). I have dumped the macro debug log and it seems the macro is waiting for some messages from all my display pannels. Here is the log:

12:02:30 Ogród Podlewanie is running.
        Current item (2) is triggering object: trawnik przed domem.Pulsowanie włączone.
        Current state:
        Has been actioned
        Waiting for condition to be satisifed:
        An action to complete as Packets waiting to be sent to network from
        Garaz Display
        Biblioteka Display
        Przedsionek Display
        Sypialnia rodziców Display
        Salon panel Display
        Śluza Moduł PIR

Audio is OK
        Item NOT complete

The macros seem to work properly when the displays are fine. Any ideas what may be the cause or what else I could check?

Comment

Working...
        X