Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ICOM-Technology - any news?

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Re: ICOM-Technology - any news?

September - that's not far away Now we only need to know where you can find ICOM products (preferably a webstore).

Are there any rumors around about a serial or USB interface with an API that can be accessed from a C program or Perl (like Misterhouse for instance) ???

Regards,
    Anders Sandell

Nice site. You are doing a great service to the web.

Automated Home Jr Member

Are there any rumors around about a serial or USB interface with an API that can be accessed from a C program or Perl (like Misterhouse for instance) ???
    I do not know anything about an api, but you are probably referring to the Z-wave controller, available in both USB and Serial. See http://www.automatedoutlet.com/home.php?cat=6 and look for "Z-wave interface".

Regards,

Richard

BTW: which site is "guest" to referring in the previous post??? :?:
    ----
    More home automation on http://info.spruitnet.nl

AFAIK the applications that can use the Z-wave controller are currently Homeseer, HAL and Casaworks. To be able to use it from an other program you would have to get the Developers Kit, which I have not found in any webshop yet.

-- Anders

Automated Home Jr Member

Today it is September 21st. Does the text "We are finalizing preparations for a pilot run in September 2005, after which mass production and shipping products for the German and Benelux markets will start, followed closely by products for the UK market." mean that we have to wait for October...

Automated Home Jr Member

This company seems to be draging it for quite a long time now. I was thinking about getting the chips and try something myself.

Automated Home Jr Member

Some Googling on icom technology and z-wave gave this result:

Zevenbergen, The Netherlands, August 21, 2004.

ICOM Technology BV today announced, we are finalizing preparations for mass production and will start shipping finished products for the German and Benelux markets by year end, closely followed by products for the UK." The ICOM initial product offering will consist of several lighting and power control products, including the award winning "One-touch" remote control.
    The press release is not listed on their home page... Why??

Automated Home Jr Member

This press release of august 2004 has been on their site before, but has been replaced by their press releases of may 2005.

Personally, I have no idea why, but my guess is this is due to a replanning...

Regards,

Richard
    ----
    More home automation on http://info.spruitnet.nl

Automated Home Jr Member

Richard,

This happens when you don't read thoroughly - I didn't notice that the press release was from 2004. I was shocked to see "year end", and assumed that it was 2005.

I do remeber this old pressrelease now. I am crossing my fingers that there will be no more delays (even though we have October just round the corner).

I really need good looking Z-wave stuff - not the ugly HomePro, they are so late 70's.