X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Time Gated Actions in latest update

Yesterday's 25.1.6 update includes the following :-)

General Logic Object.

Addition of Time Window gate. Allows a period
    during the day to influence gate behaviour.

Much appreciated Vivian... I'm sure this will be much used.

Kevin
  • JonS
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2007

Kevin, could you give some examples of how this new feature can be used to best effect? Is it like the operating period for a light, but now applicable to other objects via the Generral Logic object?
    Thanks
    JonS

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

I haven't used it yet - but a couple of things I've struggled with before I think are very achieveable now.

I think where you have a logic operation eg 'movement detected outside in area X' and 'alarm is set' or 'people are at home in room X' and you want to do something but only between certain hours this will be invaluable.

Another particular case for me is where I have my lights coming on and off as it gets dark but they also do this first thing in the morning as it gets light but then slightly darker again.

I also limit the volume on the bedroom TV/AV between certain hours although this can be overidden - if you know how ;-)

Within Cortex a lot of these can be handled automatically by approriate objects and I'm sure a few features I haven't yet explored but many of my objects in Cortex are xAP based sensors and so don't necessarily present themselves as the higher functionality inbuilt objects. Hence I use quite a bit of logic to interconnect these things and having a time gated operation will be most useful.

K

Comment

Working...
      X