• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonS
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2007

IR Remote Control

I've used a few IR commands in the past but am hoping to make more conistent use through across all the enabled panels having a common set of Physical IR handsets to drive Cortex menus.
    Is it possible to record the IR packets once and copy them across all panels or does each panel have to be trained in turn?

Similarly I am increasing the number of squeeze boxes so it would be handy to record the transmitter packets once and copy them around. Admitedly I should prob use the XAP interface but I haven't manaed to get it working yet, so looking for something simple.

Thanks
    JonS
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Yes it is possible to train from a single receiver into a Cortex store and then download to other modules either for Rx or Tx. If you visit an IR receiver behaviour menu and click on what looks like a twin handset icon (Cortex IR store) you will get to the relevant utility and can then click on the help icon for instructions.

Comment

• JonS
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2007

Thanks Karam. I thought there was a way of doing it, but didn't spot it in the help - read through the starter kit instructions again.
      JonS

Comment

Working...
      X