• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smoothquark
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2009

Disarm cortex alarm using inputs

Pardon me if I am missing the obvious. As I understand it, the cortex alarm system can be armed by a button or digital input but can only be disarmed using the a sequence of numbers? I have a separate monitored alarm system but would like to control the cortex alarm using the monitored alarm. ie, once the monitored alarm is armed then the cortex alarm would be armed using an input, and when the monitored alarm is disarmed, I would like the cortex alarm disarmed as well using an input. I already have the I/O for the monitored alarm system in place.

The main reason is for the presence sensing. I simply have not got enough sensors around the house. Furthermore, at night, Cortex things that the house has become unoccupied. Also, I would like to use the cortex alarm as a backup to the monitored alarm.

Thanks.
  • djgrah
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2010

You can disarm with a single input, I use a reed switch on the back door to disarm (long story) and also use switched outputs from a radio keyfob reciever to arm and disarm the system. Set up is within the alarm connections menus (I think)
    Doug

Comment

• smoothquark
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2009

Thanks. I thought it might be in the alarm connection but do not see any of my inputs listed. Must be doing something silly - shall check again. Incidentally, when using the radio keyfob receiver, are you using 2 separate inputs on idratek?

Comment

• smoothquark
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2009

SOLVED: Disarm cortex alarm using inputs

Yep, I was doing something silly. I had forgotten to define those inputs first! Once they were defined, I could see them on the alarm connections arm / disarm menu.

Comment

• djgrah
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2010

Glad you sorted it.
          As for the keyfob inputs, I have been experimenting with an infinite prime rx-8 receiver which only ties up one cortex input. The arm button closes the contact and the disarm button is configured to open the contact.
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          X