Thread: Skype - sms

Default Skype - sms

Hi,

I want to take advantage of sending sms through skype but its not seeing any contacts - it sees them on the contacts section but then when going to the sms bit, says either i dont have any or none are online!

Any ideas?

Your Skype contacts need to have a land line or mobile number.
    They will appear in Skype program - contacts with a phone icon against them.

In Cortex the person will have a Full Name and their Skype name will be their telephone number.

In the SMS section of Cortex the Contact list is made up of Full name and skype name e.g.
    "Home - +441234567890

So only contacts that have provided a telephone number appear in the SMS section and the status of online or away etc is not relevant.

Viv.

Viv,

May I ask what version of Skype you last tested sms with?

I am using the latest... 5.5, and I'm afraid after making sure the contact has a mobile number in both home AND mobile, it's no better (see screenshots)...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was on 5.3.0 but now 5.5.0 and still can get SMS contacts.

I think the problem may be the way Cortex identifies a Skype Out contact.

Create a contact as per attached images.

Viv.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Viv - Perfect! Thanks alot, I didn't realise they had to be a contact which isn't actually a Skype user if you know what I mean ? I.e. a proper skype user added with a home number and/or mobile number does not show up however creating one as per your instructions works fine.

On a completely different subject, would you be able to make it so the 'All Lights' object is available when creating a macro to 'Wait for event' - Basically I want a macro to trigger something when stealth mode is enabled/disabled. On the lighting subject, is there anything built into cortex to do a certain action on all lights, i.e. turn all lights off, on, flash etc?

Thanks!

I agree a connection which provides the Stealth mode state might be useful.
    I had a customer complaining they could not get any lights to work and found they had turned on stealth mode by mistake.

As for turning all lights on/off the good night button does turn off all lights by clearing the lights timers. But only for unoccupied and automated lights. Lights overridden temporarily or other wise are unaffected. To make a feature to turn all lights on/off would by its nature introduce some changes in the lights override state.

Perhaps some idea of the application might enable us to better advise.

Viv.