• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hadiesper
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2010

Z-wave and Speech Recognition

Hi everyone, here is a video I created while playing around with our speech recognition application. Check it out, any feedback is appreciated!

HadiEsper
    http://www.ShifraSmartHomes.com - First Z-wave Smart Home Automation Solution Provider in the Middle East
  • hilljd00
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jul 2008

Looks good

Comment

• Smarthome Builder
      • Oct 2014

Voice recognition is definitely something I will need to look into in the future. This really makes a home automation system perfect Lets you feel like Tony Stark
      I own: VeraEdge, 2gig CT100, Aeon Labs Z Stick, Neato XV Signature Pro

Comment

• BobD
        • Oct 2014

Looks good, certainly something I would consider. Great in a number of ways, walking into a room with hands full or dirty even, just bark a command at the ether and the lights come on, I like it also reduces the need for expensive wallplates/switches

Comment

• Hot
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2014

Most interesting Home Automation solution

Originally posted by hadiesper View Post
          Hi everyone, here is a video I created while playing around with our speech recognition application. Check it out, any feedback is appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIUmE...el_video_title
          Hi "Hadiesper"

I just finished watching your speech recognition application and I must add that I was very impressed. Is this something you offer as a stand-alone solution or is this only available as part of a bigger Home Automation solution package?

What other applications can your speech recognition control?

What does something like this cost?
          I am totally independent writer and my writing is not skewed in any way by receiving payment for my writing. I reduce my gas bills by using Heat Genius Smart Intelligent Heating Controls with more efficient Column radiators.

Comment

• Vangelis
            Automated Home Guru
            • Sep 2009

Just a word of caution - Speech Recognition being integrated into a Home Automation system can be a minefield. I know this as I have built my own.

Issues to deal with :

Speech Recognition Engine - There are many. I use the one built into Win7 (which has recently been split into two)

Choice of Mic - Again, there are many. If you want total hands-free operation, then you are looking at 'boundary mics', or you can use the many SmartDevice Apps, but these require physical user interaction

Mic Mixer - This is the most important bit, as it will deal with such issues as background noise reduction, 'ducking' of TV or Music audio, and gating

Integration - I am not aware of the system used in the OP however this looks very bespoke and integrated. The system I use is built from several systems that I have integrated together.

My decision was to try an achieve a totally hands-free system that was invisible and could deal with operation in a somewhat noises environment. I have achieved mostly that, but it comes at a cost and still needs work (and training)

Vangelis

Comment

• Hot
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Oct 2014

Z-wave voice control

Originally posted by Vangelis View Post
              Just a word of caution - Speech Recognition being integrated into a Home Automation system can be a minefield. I know this as I have built my own.

Issues to deal with :

Speech Recognition Engine - There are many. I use the one built into Win7 (which has recently been split into two)

Choice of Mic - Again, there are many. If you want total hands-free operation, then you are looking at 'boundary mics', or you can use the many SmartDevice Apps, but these require physical user interaction

Mic Mixer - This is the most important bit, as it will deal with such issues as background noise reduction, 'ducking' of TV or Music audio, and gating

Integration - I am not aware of the system used in the OP however this looks very bespoke and integrated. The system I use is built from several systems that I have integrated together.

My decision was to try an achieve a totally hands-free system that was invisible and could deal with operation in a somewhat noises environment. I have achieved mostly that, but it comes at a cost and still needs work (and training)

Vangelis
              Thank you for your input Vangelis - I appreciate your valuable and knowledgeble input with regards to Z-wave and Speech Recognistion. I would love to be able to control my Home Automation with voice control when I want to overwrite the automation. Lighting and heating is two of the categories that I am particular interested in. My Heat Genius Smart Intelligent heating colntroller is closed at the moment but the company is working on a API that will hopefully open their system and enable it to communicate with other systems.

What you have achieved is amazing and it facinates me. There are few people in the world who can do what you have done.
              I am totally independent writer and my writing is not skewed in any way by receiving payment for my writing. I reduce my gas bills by using Heat Genius Smart Intelligent Heating Controls with more efficient Column radiators.

Comment

Working...
              X