• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdw
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2007

Velex Integra powered windows

Has anyone got experience of these Velux roof windows which have motorised controls to open/close them?

Especially useful any experience with hooking control of them into an HA control system - the spec sheet says it an 824Mhz 2-way wireless remote to a spec called "io-homecontrol".

Thanks!

jon
    Jon
  • JonS
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2007

There are few posts on this forum and others on the UKHA_D via the archive. What you need is a KLF100 - bargain at £100+ not sure if 1 per window or group of windows are required. From posts Paul Gale (silicon pixel on these forums) has these connected to CBUS.
    I've an Velux Integra window, the key automation - closing when it rains - is built in. IIRC there are other roof lights that come with motors that are easier to control, found out about these after I'd got the Velux. At least I put a cat5 to the window for control or sensing but its way down the to-do list. I'd be interested if there were cheaper control solutions.
    HTH
    JonS
    JonS

Comment

• jpdw
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by JonS View Post
      There are few posts on this forum and others on the UKHA_D via the archive. What you need is a KLF100 - bargain at £100+ not sure if 1 per window or group of windows are required. From posts Paul Gale (silicon pixel on these forums) has these connected to CBUS.
      I've an Velux Integra window, the key automation - closing when it rains - is built in. IIRC there are other roof lights that come with motors that are easier to control, found out about these after I'd got the Velux. At least I put a cat5 to the window for control or sensing but its way down the to-do list. I'd be interested if there were cheaper control solutions.
      HTH
      JonS
      Thanks for the part #.. This looks like the sort of thing. Probably per group of windows -- ie if you want them operating together maybe. After posting I realised the close-on-raid is built in, but it would also be useful having the windows close when the temp has dropped to a point where heating is required and/or if Cortex realises the house is empty (we far too frequently forget to close our existing Velux windows when we go out - but no issue as they're on the 2nd floor level roof... the new ones will be on a single storey extension ie more accessible and big enough for a person to get through).

Will go & do some reading ...

Thanks again
      Jon

Comment

• jpdw
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2007

Hm, done some more searching on the io-homecontrol aspect and it looks like Velux have tied their wagon to a proprietary protocol club, which seems to have only a few members and no sign of anything you might call a bridge or gateway and definately no sign of a spec that could enable someone to make one.
        ... probably why it seems to be another "standard" that no-ones really heard of....
        Jon

Comment

• RichardC
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2009

Have several of these Velux windows. The rain sensor works well. I've run a cable to each of them to put a reed switch on them to feed back to Idratek. I couldn't find much details on them for protocol, what I could find seems to have died a death.

Fakro do a Z-wave window. Sadly their rep only came up with this info after I had brought the Velux windows.

I'm planning to put some small opto isolator switches across the remote control buttons eventually, or get this remote interface, but getting three of them to do the three groups does rather grate on the bank balance at the cost of them.

Cheers

Comment

• jpdw
            Automated Home Guru
            • Oct 2007

Hm, I'd never heard of Fakro... And our Velux's have now arrived.

I like the idea you mention of hacking the remote. We've got two identical Integra and as they come with the remote, we should have two of these as well... so maybe one I can "adopt" and do as you suggest, as I agree the interface box looks very limiting for its price.

... another Nanode interfacing project....
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X