• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shonen
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jul 2011

AH Pro timer problem

Hello, I have just upgraded to a CM15 with AHP and am starting to think I should not have bothered.

Apologies if this is covered before but I cannot find the answer in a search.

I have a problem with some of my timers. In the morning three of them seem to be turning off early and it is driving me crazy. They come on at 6:15 and should go off at around 7 but switch off around 6.45 in the correct order, about a minute between each as they should. I have tried reinstalling following a complete uninstal as per the x10 wiki, different versions of AHP and even seperate off timers rather than a combined on/off.
    Other timers seem to come on and off fine ie the bedside lamp at 6 'till 6.20 and I use one of the problem ones which works fine from dusk 'till 10PM each night.
    When I clear the interface with AHP should it then show empty? Mine still seems to be using memory for timers, macros and dusk to dawn. I have tried removing the battery and leaving it unplugged etc.

Any ideas appreciated before I give in and send this back, I bought this so I could set up some smartmacros but have crashed and burned way before I got it set up to do the basics of the CM12 system I was using.

Thanks, Chris
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

is it possible to post the timer settings here.
    See if you have security settings switched on or off for each timer.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• shonen
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jul 2011

settings

Cheers for the fast reply. I shall upload the file when I get home later as a zip.

Thanks again.

Chris

Comment

• shonen
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jul 2011

zip file

Attached is the zip of my settings, thanks again for your help.

The timers that switch off "early" in the morning are the stairs down light , the bedroom downlight and the kitchen spots. All other timers seem ok.

I had to make my sandwiches for work with the light from the open fridge this morning.
        Attached Files

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

I forgot, that the software is not on my PC at the moment. Once I have downloaded the software I will then see if there is a problem.
          What version of the software do you have.
          Last edited by toscal; 18 September 2011, 11:52 AM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Couldn't find any timers that come on at 6:15.
            So I guess the Spots are the ones you are talking about Spot 1 at 06:08 and off 7:00, Spot 2 at 06:30 and off at 7:01 and Stairs down at 06:10 and off at 07:05. They all look fine.
            What else gets turned on. TV, kettle electric shaver etc. These could interfere with the X10 signal or by pure coincidence the noise generated looks like a off command.
            What you should do is turn on the activity monitor and you can see what is happening. You may find that you are getting the correct off command sent, but something else is causing an earlier off command to be sent.
            Why not try shifting the times a bit on the troublesome timers. Or clear everything out and start again with just one timer such as the spot1 and then try with the next one and so on.
            Downloading the timers etc gives me about 94.96% left. And clearing I have about the same. If you clear the interface do any of your macros work. IT may be similar to any form of storage device, where a 40Gb hard drive only has about 32Gb of actual storage space. You don't actually have that many timers or macros so memory usage is not a lot.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• shonen
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jul 2011

thanks

Hello Toscal, and thanks again for your time. I think I changed the on times from 6.15 recently and forgot... Still in bed when they come on.

It is spots one and two and stairs down that are going off early along with the downlight in the bedroom. I shall check the activity monitor to see what times it claims they are switching. I have seen off commands sent early but not checked to see if the correct off is sent as well so will check that in the morning.
              I guess another housecode is a thing to try next. Are any house codes more likely to have problems than others?
              I started basing codes on old ones I used in active home on a cm11 and that did not seem to have any curious activity, as far as I know there is no other x10 activity nearby, the neighbours did not even know what I was talking about. I don't switch anything else myself in the morning and the spots in the kitchen and the stairs turn off in the correct order but early.

I'm currently using version 3.267 dated 02/04/2010 from the cd that came with the CM15.
              Today I have set the bedroom downlight to come on and off by several timers with no problem, it seems the problem is only in the morning on a workday. Seems I can only get it wrong when not wanting to

Is it best to leave the usb cable connected to the pc if it is off, or disconnect from the cm15? I have noticed plugging or unplugging the usb from the pc gives a "recieve rf A unknown" in the activity monitor so will avoid channel A for my keyfob transmitters from now.

I shall start again from scratch wth just the problem units on a new housecode and see what happens in the morning.

Thanks again for your time and help, Chris

Comment

• toscal
                • Oct 2005

The problem codes seem to be are M and N. P is often used for scene control.
                Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• shonen
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Jul 2011

change of plan

I tried clearing and reprogramming several times and even started moving the cm15 around the house with no success. Another problem started to occur in that the unit started to lock up in the morning and took ages to reset.
                  I tried just running timers etc from the pc but had communication problems with the interface locking up.
                  Annoyed with coming home to a dark house and having to use a torch to get to the laptop and reset things I decided to return this unit.
                  Choices then were to return to the old cm11/12 units or run the US CM15A I had bought with a modified transformer. I had bought the UK CM15 as the US one did not keep good time due to the freq difference between UK and US and I wanted to not leave the PC running. Plans were to use the UK cm15 and a US transiever module on the transformer to allow use of cheap US switches and PIRs.
                  Current set up is the US cm15 and UK transiever with all timers running from the laptop which is left on 24/7, and just macros stored on the CM15.
                  This seems to be working fine, all timers running dead on cue and I am gradually expanding the system.
                  This is taking time as I seem to have over 50 bits of x10 kit and keep changing my mind on how to split stuff between housecodes for rooms etc.
                  This is going to get worse as the US switches etc are so cheap I may as well have them all over the house.
                  My freind keeps suggesting Homeseer might be the way to go if leaving a PC on all day, as this is what he uses.

If anyone is interested in the transformer mod I got the idea from here:

I can link a pic of the capacitor fitted if anyone needs it, along with the Maplins parts used. We wired it several ways before it worked as the instructions were a bit vague.

Thanks again to Toscal for your time,

chris

Comment

Working...
                  X