• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cliffwright
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2007

Light Dimmer Module Failure - Help!

Hi Folks,

Wonder if anyone can advise me on the below.

I've had a Dimmer module controlling the lights in our bathroom for a couple of months now and it's been working great until yesterday when it just stopped . . .

There have been no changes to the setup either software or hardware - just 'running' (Typically it was while I was away the wife phoned me to complain the the bathroom lights wouldn't come on and she was brushing her teeth in the dark! )

Cortex is reporting no error - but the 2 LED's on the module are flashing alternately.

Anyone know what this means? Has the module failed somehow?

If so, in fact even if not, why doesn't Cortex realise that it's not operating?

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Cliff
    www.clifford-wright.co.uk/blog
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

The two LEDs flashing alternately means that a problem has been detected on the mains side. It could be due to bulb failure (hence no mains reaching that side of the module) or a fuse break or fault in the mains side electronics. Any of these possibilities could result in the mains side processor not being able to communicate with the IDRANet side processor which then indicates this by flashing the LEDs. I believe a message is generated to the network but not sure off the top of my head whether this results in a Cortex message though I'm certain it does for a QLD type module - something to check on in the light of day ...

If it is not bulb or fuse failure then you should contact us asap.

Comment

• cliffwright
      Automated Home Guru
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Karam View Post
      The two LEDs flashing alternately means that a problem has been detected on the mains side. It could be due to bulb failure (hence no mains reaching that side of the module) or a fuse break or fault in the mains side electronics. Any of these possibilities could result in the mains side processor not being able to communicate with the IDRANet side processor which then indicates this by flashing the LEDs. I believe a message is generated to the network but not sure off the top of my head whether this results in a Cortex message though I'm certain it does for a QLD type module - something to check on in the light of day ...

If it is not bulb or fuse failure then you should contact us asap.
      Thanks Karam - appreciate the response.

I'll drop you an email as I believe I've disproven all of the above 'normal' errors.

Cheers

Cliff
      www.clifford-wright.co.uk/blog

Comment

Working...
      X