Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electric UFH

Automated Home Jr Member RichardC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    Should be fine, also looks like a pretty accurate sensor (from Rapid's spec. quote)
    Those are the same ones we use with the QAI modules on my install here. They work fine, I use them to monitor the floor temperature with our wet underfloor heating. (To protect the bamboo floor, they are buried in the last 10mm to monitor surface temp)

The lead on the rapid ones isn't very long - 60cm so I also use the same sensor from Farnell - http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...003&sku=645424 which is 150cm long.

Did a quick check when I first got these with a small NTC display/controller and they were pretty accurate.

Cheers

Richard

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

good to know, thanks for that - we'll be using one for the electric UFH, a couple for a water-water heat-exchanger (that has pockets provided for such), and perhaps we'll follow your lead and get some more to use with the wet UFH ...

we find our QAI are under-utilised - ie: where we need them, there's only one sensor to read (black-bulb, etc), sometimes two ...

Automated Home Jr Member RichardC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
    we find our QAI are under-utilised - ie: where we need them, there's only one sensor to read (black-bulb, etc), sometimes two ...
    Hi Chris, I use a two pair cable with each pair screened to extend the cables from a local junction box just above the skirting to anywhere nearby where I would locate the QAI with another local sensor. A massive pain sometimes to wire, but I'm too tight to leave any channels not used in the QAI

As the resistance measured is in the 10kohm area, a ohm or two in cable resistance is negligible.

I used Belden 9842 cable to extend my sensors, very expensive but I had a reel left over from a PLC installation job. There are much cheaper variants out there.

Cheers
    Richard