Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using Scheduler with General Logic

Automated Home Sr Member mcockerell's Avatar

Ok, it's back to the drawing board.

Yesterday morning the virtual light didn't come on with the first event at 7:15; with the clock change it was already light enough - good!
    Instead, it came on at 8:30 when the second event switched the operation mode from 'Dark on/Light off' to 'Manual Control only' - not what as wanted.

I may be missing something, but this doesn't seem to make sense to me - I guess I'm going to have to implement something smarter.
    The ideal would be if the 'Dark and operating time' mode worked at both ends of the day but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Any thoughts Viv?

Regards,
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by m****erell View Post
    Ok, it's back to the drawing board.

Yesterday morning the virtual light didn't come on with the first event at 7:15; with the clock change it was already light enough - good!
    Instead, it came on at 8:30 when the second event switched the operation mode from 'Dark on/Light off' to 'Manual Control only' - not what as wanted.

I may be missing something, but this doesn't seem to make sense to me - I guess I'm going to have to implement something smarter.
    The ideal would be if the 'Dark and operating time' mode worked at both ends of the day but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Any thoughts Viv?

Regards,
    Martin
    If your switching to manual control from Dark On, Bright off then it does leave it in what ever state it changed from if the new mode does not create some logical change. Manual control does not evaluate a condition and set the light. Hence it remains as it was operating.

You are correct that the if the light is on and then the master control is not enabled the light remains on. This is not desirable and will be corrected in next update (26.4.3).

I would recommend you update to Cortex 26 if you are not already on it.

I would then suggest a refinement of the virtual light control to leave it in mode 7 (using light level only) and use the scheduler to master enable the light at the required time in the morning and disable it at the required time. This way if its dark at on time it will come on, if not it will stay off. Then it will be guaranteed to go off at scheduler off time (after the update).

Viv.
    Last edited by Viv; 31st October 2012 at 07:41 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member mcockerell's Avatar

Ok, so I upgraded to V26 over the weekend and applied 26.4.3 earlier today - with the correction to the 'disable' master control this now seems to provide the functionality that I am looking for if I leave the virtual light in mode 8.

Thank you Viv.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi m****erell,

If you want to have all your required function, use PIC16F84 plus operational amplifier for the sensing of light. This way, you can have all the functions you want because you can just program it in the PIC16F84 and it will automatically do the job. Just be sure to use also an op amp for sensitivity.

Mike,

First of all, welcome to the forum

The IDRATEK hardware already has processors reading light level sensors and you could in principle write some low level code to do something specific, but the system is not just a collection of individual devices doing their own thing - it has moved on from that type of concept to something more integrated where there is often much interaction between various parts. So the solution to a more specific requirement can sometimes be a bit more complicated to initially work out because it is generally useful for it to tie in with the system's wider strategies rather than being an island on its own. On the other hand many interactive features which would quickly get complicated to achieve using individualy programmed devices become trivial.

BTW I see the anti-profanity filter has been somewhat over zealous