Thread: Lights - 'Simulate Occupancy'

Default Lights - 'Simulate Occupancy'

Hello,

I love this option however a slight niggle with it is that when you come back home/home is set as occupied, the lights that were turned on using simulate occupancy do not turn off - Is there any way to do this?

Obviously some lights would be excluded, i.e. hall lights which would normally come on when coming in the front door, you would not want these to turn off when you come in and need them on!

The light simulation works by triggering the respective lights timer.
    When this times out, the All Light object searches for another light and triggers its timer to turn it on.

Although have not tried it suggest the following...

Create a Macro. That Macro sends a message to each light to trigger all the respective lights 'Timer Stop' input.

The Macro itself is started from the House 'On occupied' output.

In the Macro, suggest you make the Light stop triggers conditionional on the front door being open. That is use IF Front Door - Door output state True..

So you return to the house. You open the front door, the house becomes occupied, the macro starts, The door is open so all the Light - Timer stop actions trigger.

Your hall light however will remain on because of Light Level + Time + Presence being true.

The rest of your lights will then operate normally as you move around the house.

The rational for making conditional on Door open is becasue sometimes the house becomes temporarily unoccupied-occupied depending on movement and the lenght of the 'Time to become un-occupied' setting in the house object.

Viv

Excellent....

I figured a macro would do it, but wasn't sure about how to ... do it.

Thanks alot Viv!