• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geps
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2010

Plug And Play?

Hi,

Where is the plug and play option in Network Supervisor?

I'm plugging my IR transceiver and it's getting detected but I can't assign it an ID.

I've ticked "Prompt user to assign to node" under "Power up response from unknown nodes" - nothing else seemed suitable.....?

Cheers,
  • Geps
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2010

Ah ha! You have to stop the network all together....

Time to play

Comment

• Karam
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2005

You can only perform module ID assignment when the network is in a stopped state. When the network is in a running state you will get a warning if the module is not recognised as belonging to the database, or, if it is recognised (and is network enabled in its properties menu) then Cortex will just initialise and use it.

So I'm guessing your network was running when you tried this?

Comment

• Geps
        Automated Home Guru
        • Nov 2010

Yup - it's all working nicely now thanks.....I'll hopefully stop grinning by tomorrow morning!

One quick question I have, are TV remote macros supported? I'm 'learning' my TV remote at the moment. Is it possible to, for example, learn 'Input', 'Left' and 'Ok' separately and then have Idratek press Input, wait, then Left, wait again and then Ok?

The wait is purely to allow the TV to response.

Comment

• Gumby
          • May 2004

I think you can send IR packets from Cortex macros, so you could construct your sequence from one of those.
          ----------------------
          www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Karam
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2005

Yes, as Gumby says, this is possible. The wait is necessary not only to allow the TV to respond but also because in most protocols two successive IR frames MUST be separated by a certain period of time in order to be recognised as separate commands. Typically 100ms but I'd suggest 200ms or more.

Anecdotally I have an application where the user presses a 'spare' button on their TV handset which is then picked up by an IDRATEK IR transceiver unit which then spits back out a series IR commands to the TV - to help the user navigate to a particular point. I really could do with some 'absolute' codes for this TV though... like absolute switch on/off or go to particular input source, rather than relative to present state. Guess I'll have to do some trawls when I get the time.

Comment

• Geps
              Automated Home Guru
              • Nov 2010

Yes thanks - I've managed to get it working. I was thinking the list of actions was the Macro functionality....didn't realise that was an actual object for it! Oops....

Comment

Working...
              X