Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another Heating newbie - FS20 Solution question

Automated Home Jr Member

Sorry, no experience with using the CUL - I have an FHZ1300PC.

Are you getting anything from the FHT's ? For what its worth, I do find a regular 'reset' of the devices helps by sending the "set TYPE=FHT reset1 255 reset2 255" command.
    Chris

Automating my home in a family friendly way - My blog: http://www.cpmills.com/

Automated Home Lurker

Wink

Hi Chris

Yes they reliably report desired temp and actuator position, just no actual temperature which is frustrating.

I've got a similar line in my config to 'wake them' up as some have described it:

define Study_refresh at *04:00:00 set Study report1 255 report2 255

Any chance you could email your config (address in the thread above) so I could see what I could learn from it?

Rgds

Nick

Automated Home Jr Member

Sorry yes, report1 and report2 not reset!

I also have a "define wakeFHT at *00:40:00 set TYPE=FHT time"

In terms of FHEM config, all I have that is relevant is:

define FHZ FHZ /dev/fhz1300pc <-- Would be the CUL device in your config
    define FHT_LivingRoom FHT 1962
    define FHT_Kitchen FHT 5221
    define FHT_Bedroom1 FHT 292b
    define FHT_Bedroom2 FHT 4f44
    define FHT_Bedroom3 FHT 2b47

The codes will obviously be different in your config. Are you using a CUL device in the config or is it possible to 'drive' it as if it were an FHZ? The reason I ask is I am wondering where FHEM gets its code to interpret the FHT radio messages. If it is in the FHZ module, then you would obviously need that module loaded. If you are using the CUL module, it could be that the CUL ignores those messages. Understanding all of this would require a detailed knowledge of perl though so you can debug the code.

Have you tried setting

attr global verbose 4

and looking for error messages in your log files?
    Chris

Automated Home Lurker

I have attr global verbose 5 but will have a look for errors and will also add that extra line thanks.

above my FHM PGM2 plots I get messages like
    Cant find string terminator " anywhere before EOF at (eval 147) line 1
    unlike other errors that give a module name where I can atleast go and try and understand what might be going wrong (without any grasp of perl) I'm not sure where to start with these. Hence hoping to find an english speaker who is willing to share a config file for a windows setup as it seems to be things like windows path separators that introduce lots of the issues.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hmm, yes, definitely looks like a bug in the FHEM PGM2 code.

Personally I don't use the web interfaces at all. I have a native app on my iPhone and for my graphs, query FHEM's XML interface. Have you tried telnetting in to the server on port 7072 and typing

list <devicename>

That will show you all the stats FHEM has for your FHT devices. Could it be that it is getting the temperature, but just can't render it?

Have you thought about downloading vmware and running a full Linux on it? Might be easier than trying to get FHEM running under Windows.

For what it is worth, I found the developer's grasp of English very good indeed and he was very responsive. You could try posting something (in English) to the FHEM google group page and see if he can suggest something.
    Chris

Automated Home Lurker

thanks for the helpful advice Chris, will go back to Rudolf as you suggest and am also looking at CoLinux page which is interesting.