• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maze
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2011

Update image?

I have created a client (ver. beta 5) with a textbox linked to a .jpg image. This image file is updated every time someone is approaching my front door (having a web camera there). The image file is updated just fine but not the view on my client, unless I restart the flash client. Is it possible to update an image view without restarting the client?
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

There isnt a way currently to do a periodic timed refresh of a jpeg image currently. But it sounds like something that would be useful.

Is there a video stream of any form available ?

K

Comment

• maze
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2011

Video stream? yes and no. The camera (pointing at my main entrance) is streaming video to a motion detection software. If it finds any motions in pre-defined areas in the picture it orders the camera to take one or more jpg images with higher resolution. The last step is maybe not necessary if you have a better camera.

A timed refresh would be nice or you could also consider update the view in the client only when the image file is updated. In my case the image file will typical be updated 5-10 times a day (unless there are cats running around).

Comment

• Kevin
        • Jan 2004

So this camera is an IP camera rather than a video camera into your PC software ? The camera isn't by any chance a Mobotix or the software Zone Minder is it ? . Both of these can create xAP triggers on movement. This could be used to refresh an image.

I was trying to get away from anything where xAPFlash is having to keep checking external files for updates.

Just for info... if you can encode the stream to Flash video FLV then xAPFlash will display it live. I understand the Joggler has some other codecs inbuilt but I haven't explored that and I'm not sure what platform you're running xAP Flash on anyway.

K

Comment

Working...
        X