• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaung62
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2011

X10 DIN Rail Modules

I'm relatively new to the whole X10 thing, having started about 6 months ago, and currently have a system comprising a Marmitek CM15 Pro USB interface, Active Home software, 3 Marmitek LM15 Lamp Modules and 3 Domia X10 Appliance Modules which control 6 lamps coming on at various times of day. What I would like to do is take it a step further and use X10 to control some wall lights I'm planning to install, which will be fitted with LED bulbs. So to my question: does anyone on this forum have any experience of the Marmitek LD11 DIN Rail Dimmer, and/or any of the in-line modules such as the LWM1.
    Your help would be much appreciated
    Attached Files
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

The LD11 din rail modules can be a little unreliable. I would use the LWM1. If you are going to use them with LED lights make sure the LED lights are dimmable. Also there is a 40W load minimum. Its possible to use in theory either mains dimmable LED bulbs or low voltage 12V LED bulbs but these will need a suitable dimmable transformer. Not all LED dimmable bulbs like electronic dimmers. So be careful.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• shaung62
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2011

Thanks for that. Does the minimum 40w load apply to LWM1 module? If it does then I'm going to have to think again, because I only want to use 2 wall lights and with LED bulbs, the load wouldn't come anywhere near that. Also, am I right in thinking that with the LWM1, an additional Neutral cable is required?

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Yes to neutral and minimum load is either 40W or 60W depending on what website you look at. I think for normal bulbs its 40W and low voltage its 60W. Also its a leading edge dimmer which can cause problems for certain types of low voltage transformers. Also some LED lights prefer trailing edge dimming.
        You could look at using a 0-10V LED 12V dimmer. But X10 don't do a 0-10V dimmer. PLCBus do though, but that a different system to X10. Another option would be to use an appliance module.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• shaung62
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Nov 2011

Thanks again: is that an in-line module you're talking about, such as the AW12? If that would work, that would solve my problems, as I'm not bothered about being able to dim the lights.

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Yes the AW12 micro module.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• shaung62
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Nov 2011

That's great. Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X