Maintenance/support after switching to Comfort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MisterBean457
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2011

Maintenance/support after switching to Comfort?

Hi All

I would appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks in advance!

I am living in Dorset. My house is currently fitted with a Paragon Plus alarm, which was already installed when I bought the house.

I have an annual maintenance contract with a local company; the contract includes an annual maintenance inspection. The local company engineer seems professional and friendly.

During/after some upcoming house renovations I am thinking of switching to Comfort because I want a more sophisticated alarm system. I mentioned this to the current maintenance engineer during this year’s inspection. He had never heard of Comfort, and advised me to stick to established, well-known brands to ensure local ongoing maintenance/support.

Any thoughts?

Should I be concerned?

How well supported is Comfort in the UK? What about locally in the south?

How widely used is Comfort in the UK?

How do those who use Comfort feel about whether Comfort will still be around and/or supported in the future?

Thanks
    MB
  • IDAS
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2011

Hello MisterBean

Comfort is very well supported in both Ireland and the UK.
    check out

for the listing of distributors who will have a list of installers for you to contact
    If you buy comfort you won't regret it
    regards
    Niall

Comment

• schford
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2011

I'm in the UK and love my comfort system. I got put onto it by a bunch of guys in work.

It integrates perfectly with my RAKO lighting, handles the anwser phone, gate control ,lighting, RGB mood lighting, security, external PIRs etc etc

I got all my stuff from http://www.smarthomeshop.co.uk/cytec...-security.html - David there was very very helpful and Comfort have their own online community for quick hints and tips!

I did extensive research and believe it is easily the worlds leader for a dedicated hardware based alarm and home automation system.

The nice thing with it is you can start small and keep adding and adding to it.

I find the support guys very responsive if needed - as an example I have been communicating directly with the guy who handles the firmware for the module that controls the integration with my lighting system and he upgraded the firmware when I asked him if it could do a certain thing I wanted it to do.

Any other queries just holler although I usually live on avforums as I am big into my movies!

Stuart

Comment

• Wexfordman
        Automated Home Guru
        • Nov 2005

I'm not in the uk, in Ireland but as far as comfort is concerned, I have my own system in now just over 10 years and had no problems at all with it! So from a reliability perspective I would have no concerns! From a support perspective, it's pretty much continuous with cytech continuously new features over the years, new interfaces and compatibiry with all the main home automation protocols!

Couldn't recommend it more, it's one of the best and most reliable
        Devices I have in my home!!

Comment

• slychiu
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2010

If all you want is a normal alarm system, then I am sure any of the "established well known brands" will do the job at a lower cost. If you want more than just an alarm, then you should consider Comfort. Comfort's firmware is upgradable so you can take advantage of new features which may be introduced in the future. UK Installers are listed on Cytech's website http://www.cytech.biz/dealers.php#GB
          Perhaps your installer would like to attend the next Comfort training course?

Slychiu - from Cytech

Comment

Working...
          X