• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gtiller
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2009

Honeywell Evohome

I have recently gone up the Automated Heating Route, and have upgraded my old Danfoss System to the Honeywell Evohome.
    I have set this up with following the Sundial Y-Plan guidelines.

Evotouch Controller running:

Two BDR91 Relays in the airing cupboard (DHW and CH)
    CS92A Wireless Sensor on the Hot Water Cylinder
    Three Way Valve wired into the relays

8 HR80 Radiator TRVs (in 7 Zones)
    - one of these uses a HCF82 Room Sensor (since the Radiator is behind a large sofa)
    - one uses the sensor in the evotouch controller, as it is wall mounted in the hall where the old thermostat used to be
    - the others use the sensors in the HR80s as the radiators are out in the open so give a pretty fair reading

The above works perfectly.
    Boiler fires up when the sensors call for heat.
    Using the optimisation on the controller, I am noticing that the boiler is firing significantly less, so am looking forward to a low heating bill this year!

The quandary is with Zone 8 - the conservatory.
    I have a HCF82 Room Sensor which is bound to the Zone with no problems
    Then I had wired a BDR91 relay module into the pump and valve which are mounted under the conservatory floor.
    This replaces a Drayton wireless thermostat and relay which used to be there.

However, I am unable to bind the BDR91 as an Actuator for that Zone.
    What am I missing?
    I have tried a different BDR91, thinking it was a faulty relay, but that isn't it.
    I have also tried an old HC60NG I had - but that also won't bind as an Actuator.
    I have tried the reset procedure (holding the bind button for 15 secs) then re-binding but to no avail - the Evotouch Controller just doesn't see it as an Actuator.

I am at a loss on the one, so an advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • gtiller
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2009

... more research

So I am thinking that perhaps the BDR91 is not the right type of device to be seen by the evotouch controller as an actuator.

Looking at some of the (scarce) information I can found about this, I am thinking that maybe I need to look at something like the HS30.

This is a hometronic accessory, and not an evohome or CM Zone one, so I am wondering if it is compatible? - they are too expensive to try it and see :-(

There must be a way - since I assume people will have the electric (heat mat) type of underfloor heating systems, so have a need to toggle these on and off based on the temp reported back to the evotouch controller via a HCF82.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
      • Feb 2009

You cannot use the HS30 with Eov - the HS30 uses 433MHz wireless comms and Evo only uses 868MHz.

Do you have any other modules registered to the zone apart from sensor? Evo will not let you bind HR80s and BRD91s to the same zone for example.
      Sensible Heat
      SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• gtiller
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2009

no - nothing else registered to that zone

when i did a factory reset, i even tried adding the BDR91 as the very first device, but to no avail

it's a shame about the HS30 - i figured that because the HCF82 worked, that maybe the HS30 would too.

so what do people use to switch their electric heated floors?

Cheers

Comment

• jwxfs
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gtiller View Post
          no - nothing else registered to that zone

when i did a factory reset, i even tried adding the BDR91 as the very first device, but to no avail

it's a shame about the HS30 - i figured that because the HCF82 worked, that maybe the HS30 would too.

so what do people use to switch their electric heated floors?

Cheers
          You could try a Honeywell HCC80(R) module

P.S. How much electrical current were you putting through the BDR91?

Comment

• gtiller
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Feb 2009

Thanks for the recommendation - I'll take a look.

I am only switching a standard Grundfos CH pump

Comment

• jwxfs
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2011

That is a low ampage. Really can not see why it should not work.

Sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs but have you tried deleting the zone from the Evotouch and adding it again? Also is the controller right by the BDR91 when you bind with the BDR91 in bind mode first and Evotouch controller second?

Comment

• jwxfs
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Oct 2011

Is the over shoot in one location or in all zones? If in an isolated area you may find that the valve on the radiator is not closing properly. In which case you need to firstly check the setting on the HR80 actuator and try it on full power. It has a default and full (reduced battery life) setting with the full setting increasing the power to operate the valve.

Otherwise you may have to change the valve itself. I have 4 that will need doing next summer when the whole system can be drained. The rooms they are in regularly heat beyond the set temperature. As they are old, I suspect the rubber washers have deteriorated. The one I have already changed works perfectly.

Comment

• TomPlumb
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Feb 2013

Has anyone else tried the Honeywell Evohome / Evotouch setup in their systems - we've had quite a few returns and wondered if it was just a dodgy batch or there are larger issues with this

cheers

Tom

Read more: http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtop...#ixzz2LFxiVX3i

Comment

Working...
                  X