Thread: Homevision Controller Strange Fault

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Homevision Controller Strange Fault

Hi,
    can anyone help me with an issue, I have just bought a secondhand homevision controller.
    I am using HVXL and can force commands to turn on X10 devices and the user LED on the front of the unit, so I know that I have a good connection to both the controller and to my X10 devices.
    I have also learned my remote the homevision codes (device set 2 all 255 codes!!) and the controller recognises the codes.

If I set an action IR0 to a code i.e. device set 2 code 20; X10 F2 ON nothing happens, I can see on HVXL that it has recieved the signal and that it associates that signal with IR 0 but nothing happens.
    The HVXL states Device set 2 Code 14 (14 hex =20) = IR0 Uplighters On

If I set a similar action i.e turn on user LED with device set 2 code 22 nothing happens.

I have also used X10 to trigger actions, dosen't work.

If I set a scheduled action i.e. X10 F2 ON at a specific time nothing happens,
    same if I try to set the user led.

I have also tried to call a Macro from an IR signal device set 2 code 20, again nothing happens.

I have tried to set an action direct after download nothing happens!!

I have also set an action from an input i.e. if input is off do action also using the input to set a variable which then starts a macro, nothing happens!!!

I know that the schedules are downloading into the controller because I can check them fro HVXL.

I know that I have a good X10 connection because I can see actions sent from my remote to X10 devices displayed on HVXL and I can send commands direct from HV, no commands fail to X10 devices i.e. X10 F2 ON works.

It's as if the controller is not processing the event but will execute direct Commands, however if I check the unit from HVXL no errors are reported.

The only issue I get is that HVXL does not appear to be able to pull the time from the unit, OK that could explain why the scheduled event doesn't happen but nothing else.

If I pull the power the schedule is still in the memory after power up and the self test is OK.
    I can check from HVXL what events are in the controller and they are there.

I'm a service engineer and program PLC's so I'm not inexperienced with control sytems but this has me stumped.

Maybe I have a mental block with this but as far as I can tell if I associate an action to an input IR, RF, Digital input or a time it should execute that command i.e. X10 F2 ON, I have also tried Force ON, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS!!!

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Regards

Ron

Have you enabled the modules in the menu. You need to tell Homevision what modules you are using.
    Can't remember where the menu is exactly, at the moment, as I am not near the PC with HVXL on it.
    The Homevision controller is an excellent piece of kit. I have had mine for over 5 years and has never given me any bother and is very reliable as a controller.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Jr Member

I think the area you are talking about is in the controller settings where you set the enable X10, IR and input port functions.
    These are all enabled.

Have you enabled the schedules, and the macros etc.
    Once I am near my HV pc I will check what settings I have enabled for IR, schedules etc.
    Last edited by toscal; 12th December 2011 at 04:04 PM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks Toscal,
    If you can find it let me know I can't seem to find it in the menus!!
    Unless it's the enable on the signal actions, these are enabled automatically when you create an action, macro etc
    Last edited by Rocketron204; 12th December 2011 at 06:32 PM.

IN the module summary found under object/events you should have the modules you use enabled here.
    Under the same menu you will find IR signal summary, make sure you have signal actions ticked, and the same goes for Scheduled Event Summary as well.
    Then under configure look for controller settings and click the functions tab and make sure all three boxes are ticked. You may need to also check the infrared tab that the receive learned IR signals has been enabled, but I would try first without it.

Not much more I can think of really. If this doesn't help try the HV users board.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Jr Member

It seems I have a PC control only box, thanks for the help but I can only make it work as a stand alone if I upgrade the board.