• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kundrik
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jul 2005

HR80 coupling pin problem

I'm hoping someone has come across this before and can provide some answer.

I have a few HR80s installed at my house and today second one seems to be unable to completely close the radiator valve. After I removed the body from coupling and trying to do it manually by turning the purple wheel inside the coupling I found out it gets all the way to the end of travel. Looking at the design it seems that the metal pin in the middle is only held by friction and it's probably moved ever so slightly so now it's unable to push hard enough on the valve to close it. I tried to slide it back but it just moves again.

Is there something I can do to fix it or do I need a new coupling (or whole unit)?

Thanks,
    Slavo
  • JohnnyP
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2008

It sounds like you need a new HR80, but before throwing out the old one, make sure you've tried it on "FULL" setting as opposed to "DEFAULT". The FULL setting does not try to determine the extent of travel on your TRV, and just gives it the full beans. The HR80 instructions tell you how. Good luck.

Comment

• jwxfs
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2011

Also don't forget that the valve itself may not be sealing properly either! It does not take much for water to be forced past a decayed washer even though the HR80 is functioning correctly. Try swapping the HR80's between radiators before replacing them.

Comment

Working...
      X