• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryanwatt84
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2011

CM12U Connection

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting a CM12U to work with my computer. I have the following:

CM12U
    USB cable
    Windows 7 (32)
    Trail Version of homeseer

i plug in the CM12U and UBS and go to my devices and it shows that the connection is working ie the usb to serial interface but when i try and direct homeseer the port it does not pick it up.

i was wondering if someone can help.

thanks.

ryan
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

What is the port number for your CM12.
    Also there have been some issues with Usb to serial devices not working properly within Homeseer. This could be due to driver conflicts. Did you install the drivers that came with the CM12.
    From memory (I no longer use homeseer) have a look in settings to see if you can change the port number manually.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• ryanwatt84
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2011

i have changed the port number both in window devices and within the program.

i have also tried to get it running in other programs and it didn't work.

i think i have downloaded the latest drivers for the USB but does any one know of ones that work....is there any way to test that it is actually working... without using a Home auto software... i guess not.

has any one installed one of these properly...

thanks
      ryan

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

I tested one for a client and had it running for about 3 weeks with no problems.
        Then had to give it to my client. He is still using it some 2 to 3 years later.
        The driver set up can be found here just scroll down to about half way. There is also info about using it with various versions of windows.
        Have you tried it with the Activehome software. Also do you still need to download the X10 plugin for Homeseer. Or is it now standard. Been a long time since I have used Homeseer.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X