Thread: Off and hold to decrease level

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Off and hold to decrease level

My test modules are all hooked up and I'm beginning to work things out... However, I'm seeing some behaviour which I wasn't expecting (and I prefer not to have!)

I have 3 buttons connected to 2 dimmers.
    Button 1 is set to "On and Increase" for both dimmers
    Button 2 is set to "Off and Decrease" for both dimmers
    Button 3 is set to turn dimmer A on and sets it to scene 1 (and turns off dimmer B, just to be sure)

All's good with the world until I press button 3 with both dimmers off. Dimmer A comes on as expected, but if I press button 2, dimmer A turns off and Dimmer B turns on.

I don't get the toggling if I set button 2 to turn off both dimmers

I've checked the off value for both dimmers and it's set to 0%.

Have I missed connected something to get this toggle behaviour? Is there a way to stop it?

Hi pbj,

The behaviour for the connections you have used is as designed and as described in the help. Extract from help...
    "
    On and hold to increase dim level
    This input is similar to the 'Toggle and cycle dim level' input except a trigger here will turn it on and if held will only increase the brightness. In other words it does not cycle the brightness up on a long press, then on following long press cycle it down. It is designed for dimmer control with two buttons such as on a SLD. These two inputs mimic the built in Reflex logic for and SLD module (Single Light Dimmer)

Off and hold to reduce dim level
    Used in conjunction with the 'On and hold to increase dim level allows two button control to switch the dimmer on and off by momentary press but also to dim down the brightness on a long press.
    "

So the answer is this is the expected behaviour of the connections you have used.
    Typically two buttons are used one for dim up and one for dim down when pressed and held. Either button pressed momentarily will turn it on or off (Toggle).

However I think it can be programmed to do what you want.

In button 1 connection’s have something like this (note order is important)…
    Dimmer A – Turn Off
    Dimmer B – Turn Off
    Dimmer A – On and hold to increase dim level
    Dimmer B – On and hold to increase dim level

In button 2 connection’s have something like this…
    Dimmer A – Turn On
    Dimmer B – Turn On
    Dimmer A – Off and hold to increase dim level
    Dimmer B – Off and hold to increase dim level

In button 3 connection’s…
    Dimmer A – Turn On
    Dimmer B – Turn Off
    Dimmer A – Set to Scene 1

Viv.

Automated Home Sr Member

Thanks Viv,

I've given this a whirl, but unfortunately when trying to dim up the lights turn off for the 0.5s-ish before the dim up happens (and vice versa).

I've fashioned a pair of macros which do the job, but are a bit clumsy at the moment. I need to have a longer think about them!

Thanks again for the help.

Peter