• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ted Rogers
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2012

potterton kingfisher boiler

Have just had a power wash for my boiler. 2 rads in lounge one is hot one is luke warm to cold.hallway one hot. landing and bathroom one small in each one.Both run hot and cold have bled constantly does not help .Have been in the loft to the header tank which is working okay have also blown down the pipe over the edge of the header tank,nothing works the cold luke warm rads are stiil luke warm any suggesterns please
  • Ted Rogers
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2012

had power wash cant get air out of the system bled repeateredly

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Do you have thermostatic rad valves. It might be worth unclipping or on screwing the thermostatic housing. This will reveal a small metal pin. Now very very gently with a pair of pliers move the pin in and out. You may want to cover the pliers with a cloth before you do it, don't want to mark the pin. It should move quite easily.
      If you don't have TRVs or this doesn't work, then I would turn all rads off except one of the problem ones open the lockshield valve fully (count the number of turns you have done as it will need to go back to its original position.) If it gets hot then its possible either some scale has got dislodged and stuck in the valve, or your system may need rebalancing. Repeat for all problem rads. If the others do the same thing then I would try and rebalance the rads. There are quite a few posts on here about rad balancing. Its not really difficult, but can take some time.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Benbob
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2012

Get the bloke who did it back to finish the job, after a correctly applied power flush, the whole system should work like a dream.

Comment

Working...
        X