• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RMI
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2008

Indeed, small world

I'm told by BBS they have more kit arriving, but I don't know if this will include ICD's.

Personally, I was never a fan of the dimmers. Too complicated to reliably operate blindly / automatically because of the "double effect" of the on command, and lack of feedback.

Have you found a reliable way around this, or happy to live with them as they are?

As for the forum - rather baron isn't it it's a shame really - until I left it was quite a busy & useful resource (IMHO). Ah well.

Will post back when I get kit from B&Q and had chance to play.

Rob

Comment

• Quinten
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • May 2004

Originally posted by RMI View Post
      Indeed, small world

I'm told by BBS they have more kit arriving, but I don't know if this will include ICD's.

Personally, I was never a fan of the dimmers. Too complicated to reliably operate blindly / automatically because of the "double effect" of the on command, and lack of feedback.
      Lack of feedback is the same, whatever you use from BBSB. The online controller catches a lot, but not everything...

Have you found a reliable way around this, or happy to live with them as they are?
      I'm not relying on status At least, not in great deal...

As for the forum - rather baron isn't it it's a shame really - until I left it was quite a busy & useful resource (IMHO). Ah well.

Will post back when I get kit from B&Q and had chance to play.

Rob
      Please do!
      Awooga!!!

Comment

• tt07
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2012

I didn't realise the b&q deal was with JSJS thought it was Siemens direct but pleased it wasn't like that.

Stock market news at Live Charts UK share news centre. Also featuring Forex and Commodities plus brokers tips. Company news, share prices, charts and international markets including macro economics headlines.

Once I did I bought a wifi link and a 3 socket set to get me going and see what I think and if I want to go for sockets and switches longer term, Setup was easy and I have it all working very quickly.

Hoping to move and if we do I am going to automate one room with sockets and switches to begin with and see how it goes and add it where it adds usefulness across the how, and maybe the radiator valve.

Comment

• vettal
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2012

Some concerns

I bought into the system a few months ago and apart from the odd faulty piece of hardware the system works well.

The biggest let down is the software especially if you use android.
          When i first joined the site technical support was really good.

But of late they have become very reluctant to answer any lets say direct questions.

Then today they announced that although they were happy to keep running the site they would not answer anymore technical questions.

In fact the way i read it they would just let us get on with it and they would not get involved full stop.

Any problems or technical questions will now be dealt with a help line but not connected to the forums.

Comment

• fredd500
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jun 2009

Maybe we should ask the mods to create a dedicated LightwaveRF Forum here on AutomatedHome?

That way we can openly discuss the system and protocols with little interference from JSJS designs. Obviously any support will be entirely community based, but there is always the official LightwaveRF helpdesk if anyone has issues they want formal support for.
            Last edited by fredd500; 9 March 2012, 02:28 PM.
            Chris

Automating my home in a family friendly way - My blog: http://www.cpmills.com/

Comment

• vettal
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by fredd500 View Post
              Maybe we should ask the mods to create a dedicated LightwaveRF Forum here on AutomatedHome?

That way we can openly discuss the system and protocols with little interference from JSJS designs. Obviously any support will be entirely community based, but there is always the official LightwaveRF helpdesk if anyone has issues they want formal support for.
              That would be a great idea.
              For me the helpdesk is a complete waste of time ive had several phone conversations with them over lights coming on when they should be off and visa versa and they are clearly out of their depth with their software.

to give you an example i installed one of their dimmer sockets in the bedroom yesterday and the found three separate lights had come on in the living room.

When you try to reset one socket i can almost guarantee it will set another one off or on.

Comment

• fredd500
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Jun 2009

Vettal, its a real shame you are experiencing the problems you are. I am up to four dimmers, three appliance modules and the WiFi link and had no problems with any of it.

I even have timers switching on one of the appliance modules at dusk, switching it off randomly between 22:00 and 23:00; another switching on my bedside dimmer to 25% at 06:00, waiting 10 minutes, raising it to 50%, waiting another 10 then raising it to 100%.

All works beautifully.

I set all this up with an iPhone but I appreciate the software isn't so good through the web or Android.

I also have FHEM control working (to a point, haven't finished the code yet) and this should provide me with a method of timer/sequence control without using the built in timers/sequences in the Wifi-link.
                Chris

Automating my home in a family friendly way - My blog: http://www.cpmills.com/

Comment

Working...
                X