Thread: Reflex Auto Creation has me stumped

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Reflex Auto Creation has me stumped

Happy with my progress at understand objects and connections I thought I'd have a go at a bit of reflexology!

I'm stumped by two things:
    I can't see how to define the dimmer packets for on, off, dim etc. When I hit "create defaults" in the reflect packets window I get packets which begin with 120F, but using the menus in the command insight window I can only generate 1200. What am I doing wrong?

I gave up on that and thought I'd give the auto creation a go. When I run it I get the following:
    Default packet creation start. Please wait...
    Default reflex packets created
    mrYes
    Default reflex vectors removed
    Reflex modes prepared
    Hall Dimmer 1.Turn On connected to Hall Quad Dimmer Switches.Button 1
    Hall Dimmer 1.Turn On connected to Hall Quad Dimmer Switches.Button 1
    [edited for brevity]
    Hall Dimmer 4.Turn Off connected to Hall Quad Dimmer Switches.Button 1
    Number of vectors created = 16
    Number of objects for which no vectors could be created = 0
    Number of errors detected = 1

With a message box that an error has occured and I should look in the log. I'm being daft but I can't find any more in the log - I must be looking in the wrong place!

Peter.

Hi, Peter,

If you have run the auto creation of refelx packets then it will have also generated internally many more default packets associated with various objects.

For example for dimmers ...

Got into reflex for the dimmer.
    Goto Define packets...
    You will see something like _Dimmer 1 Toggle 120F0401FF05

So a button reflex could trigger this.

Visit refelx for a button...
    Button...
    Vector setup...
    Button 1 Trigger
    Add packet...
    Select something like Lounge Quad Dimmer - _Dimmer 1 Toggle

So the button can now be relex programmed to toggle the dimmer.

The command insight probably needs updating.

Regarding Autoreflex creation if you turn on 'Log actions in communication window and send Idratek the log we can review this is in more detail and report back.

Viv

Automated Home Sr Member

Thanks for the offer Viv.

Entirely user error! A message had poped up saying there wasn't a watchdog timer - I'd clicked "no don't create it". When I click "yes" (a good thing all round) the error goes away (although I don't currently have a DFP or IPS so I'm not sure where the timer's been programmed).

Peter

You should get a message "????" has been chosen as a system watchdog" if it found any.
    The are present in DFP, MFP and IPS.

Viv
    Last edited by Viv; 1st February 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi

I've tried auto reflex creation before with limited success. With a work trip abroad coming up I need to have reflex working as a backup for Cortex while I'm away (otherwise the Mrs may be waiting for me with a kitchen knife )

I ran auto create today, and cleared all previous vectors as per the recommendations of the on-screen prompts.

The first warning I got was 'No system reflex reset module found. Do you want to find a suitable DBI module and enable it?'. I clicked yes and it let me carry on.

It also asked me some questions about the heating set up which seemed straightforward.

It finished with the message '55 default vectors have been created for the modules listed. 7 vectors could not be implemented. 0 errors were detected'

I told it to program the modules and off it went. With the network still stopped I tried a few light switches to see whether reflex was working.

It appears that where I have a simple 'toggle' setting for a simple retractive light switch, or I'm using a button on a panel to toggle a light, then it works fine. However, there are only a few of these in my house!

Most of my light switches are retractive centre-off toggle switches with 'up' (for toggle / hold to set dim level) and 'down' (for off). [With hindsight I should have just used simple retractive switches with a single push that could have done toggle and set dim level, having an up and down just confuses people.] Anyway, none of these switches work in reflex mode.

Having gone back to have a look around the reflex settings for certain modules trying to make sense of them, and having started and stopped the network, I now find that the few lights that were working under reflex control (either by retractive switch or panel button) no longer do so...

Any ideas? I'm prepared to clear all reflex programming from the modules and manually create the reflex settings for each switch as I need it, if someone can give me simple instructions on how!

Thanks

Don't forget when you stop the network, Cortex programs the modules to be silent. That is not to send packets. The modules are not in a reflex state.

If the network is not running then the modules can be put into a reflex state by resetting them. They have a reset button.

Alternatively turn power off then on to network. If you do have a system reset module then you could use this to get the system into reflex.

You can see what is programmed into the module(s) by doing a node profile (no need to be in reflex state).
    Visit Tools | Node profile Utility. Enter address of module of interest.
    Vectors are the code sent to other modules (or itself) when something is triggered e.g. a button is pressed.

Having done an auto reflex you should have lots of defaults set-up.

With the network stopped.
    In the module with buttons visit the reflex for the buttons.
    Select Buttons...
    Select Vector setup...
    In triggers select button 1 (say).
    Click Add packet..
    Select the device you want to trigger. E.g. Kitchen Relays - Relay 1 Toggle.
    Close.
    Close.
    Close.
    In the module with buttons visit the reflex for the module itself.
    Click program this node.
    The module will now hold a packet, targets at the Kitchen Relays designed to toggle the relay.

You could then do a node profile on the module to see the vector you have just programmed.
    Then put the module into reflex mode and try it out.

Viv.
    Last edited by Viv; 5th February 2012 at 04:11 PM.