• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quinten
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • May 2004

Fibaro dimmer module light switch

Daydreaming again about replacing my ByeBye Standby in-ceiling dimmers with the Fibaro Dimmer module but I can't figure out what light switch I should be using.

The BBSB in-ceiling dimmer sits in close to the light, wired with 3 wires, and are controlled by a 'stick on the wall' remote switch. Behind the switch, I've just connected up the 2 ends of wire with a terminal block.

I've figured that the Fibaro dimmer would be an excellent replacement for the above, but I struggle to understand if I should be using a momentary switch, or a normal switch? And can anyone recommend a nice looking (white) range of switches?
    Awooga!!!
  • Quinten
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • May 2004

Would these work? http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VL102SRW.html Cos that's the kind of switch I'd love
    Awooga!!!

Comment

• dreamgreenhouse
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Quinten View Post
      Daydreaming again about replacing my ByeBye Standby in-ceiling dimmers with the Fibaro Dimmer module but I can't figure out what light switch I should be using.

The BBSB in-ceiling dimmer sits in close to the light, wired with 3 wires, and are controlled by a 'stick on the wall' remote switch. Behind the switch, I've just connected up the 2 ends of wire with a terminal block.

I've figured that the Fibaro dimmer would be an excellent replacement for the above, but I struggle to understand if I should be using a momentary switch, or a normal switch? And can anyone recommend a nice looking (white) range of switches?
      The fibaro switch modules can be configured to work with either a monostable or bistable switch. Some more info here:
      Dream Green House - Stylish and environmental friendly products, services and technologies for designing & building your own home.

I've not used a Fibaro dimmer module but the manusl is on-line and it looks quite configurable too. Ask me next month and I'll have installed one :-) It works with or without a neutral connection (2-wire or 3-wire).

Rob

Comment

• Quinten
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • May 2004

Originally posted by dreamgreenhouse View Post
        The fibaro switch modules can be configured to work with either a monostable or bistable switch. Some more info here:
        Dream Green House - Stylish and environmental friendly products, services and technologies for designing & building your own home.

I've not used a Fibaro dimmer module but the manusl is on-line and it looks quite configurable too. Ask me next month and I'll have installed one :-) It works with or without a neutral connection (2-wire or 3-wire).

Rob
        Funnily enough, I got my answer partly from your website, so thanks!

I've managed to buy a job lot of some MK grid switched (incl 3x K4900) and I'll be buying the Vera Lite and the Fibaro dimmer module in the next few days (along with a dimmer bypass) and then just take it from there really... I figure that if I buy a module every month, the pain of upgrading isn't too bad
        Awooga!!!

Comment

Working...
        X