• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stu22uk
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2012

Slash the price of homeheat!

Hi everyone...

Ok. Been watching/reading from the sidelines for a while now and most of the info I needed to get my Homeheat/conrad fs20 intellegent control system up and running has came from the knowledgeable folk on this site.

Now I can give something back to help others.

I have some info that can help significantly reduce the cost of these systems...

Until now the consensus of opinion (from posts on this site) is that only the more expensive "fht 80B" type wireless stat and actuator,

http://www1.conrad-uk.com/scripts/wgate/zcop_uk/~flNlc3Npb249UDkwX0NPUF9VSzpDX0FHQVRFMTQ6MDAwMC4wM GZkLjZmNDllNzk1Jn5odHRwX2NvbnRlbnRfY2hhcnNldD1pc28 tODg1OS0xJn5TdGF0ZT0zNzE2NTg5MzI2====?~template=PC AT_AREA_S_BROWSE&mfhelp=&p_selected_area=%24ROOT&p _selected_area_fh=&perform_special_action=&glb_use r_js=Y&shop=UK&vgl_artikel_in_index=&product_show_ id=&p_page_to_display=DirektSearch&~cookies=1&zhmm h_lfo=&zhmmh_area_kz=&s_haupt_kategorie=&p_searchs tring=fht+80b&p_searchstring_artnr=&p_searchstring _manufac_artnr=&p_search_category=alle&fh_directca ll=&r3_matn=&insert_kz=&gvlon=&area_s_url=&brand=& amount=&new_item_quantity=&area_url=&direkt_aufris s_area=&p_countdown=&p_80=&p_80_category=&p_80_art icle=&p_next_template_after_login=&mindestbestellw ert=&login=&password=&bpemail=&bpid=&url=&show_wk= &use_search=3&p_back_template=&template=&kat_save= &updatestr=&vgl_artikel_in_vgl=&titel=&darsteller= &regisseur=&anbieter=&genre=&fsk=&jahr=&jahr2=&dvd _error=X&dvd_empty_error=X&dvd_year_error=&call_dv d=&kna_news=&p_status_scenario=&documentselector=& aktiv=&gewinnspiel=&adcampaign=&gclid=&p_load_area =$ROOT&p_artikelbilder_mode=&p_sortopt=&page=&p_ca talog_max_results=20

http://www1.conrad-uk.com/scripts/wgate/zcop_uk/~flNlc3Npb249UDkwX0NPUF9VSzpDX0FHQVRFMTQ6MDAwMC4wM GZkLjZmNDllNzk1Jn5odHRwX2NvbnRlbnRfY2hhcnNldD1pc28 tODg1OS0xJn5TdGF0ZT0zNzE2NTg5MzI2====?~template=PC AT_AREA_S_BROWSE&mfhelp=&p_selected_area=%24ROOT&p _selected_area_fh=&perform_special_action=&glb_use r_js=Y&shop=UK&vgl_artikel_in_index=&product_show_ id=&p_page_to_display=DirektSearch&~cookies=1&zhmm h_lfo=&zhmmh_area_kz=&s_haupt_kategorie=&p_searchs tring=fht+8&p_searchstring_artnr=&p_searchstring_m anufac_artnr=&p_search_category=alle&fh_directcall =&r3_matn=&insert_kz=&gvlon=&area_s_url=&brand=&am ount=&new_item_quantity=&area_url=&direkt_aufriss_ area=&p_countdown=&p_80=&p_80_category=&p_80_artic le=&p_next_template_after_login=&mindestbestellwer t=&login=&password=&bpemail=&bpid=&url=&show_wk=&u se_search=3&p_back_template=&template=&kat_save=&u pdatestr=&vgl_artikel_in_vgl=&titel=&darsteller=&r egisseur=&anbieter=&genre=&fsk=&jahr=&jahr2=&dvd_e rror=X&dvd_empty_error=X&dvd_year_error=&call_dvd= &kna_news=&p_status_scenario=&documentselector=&ak tiv=&gewinnspiel=&adcampaign=&gclid=&p_load_area=$ ROOT&p_artikelbilder_mode=&p_sortopt=&page=&p_cata log_max_results=20

that were capable of communicating with the boiler box "fht 8 w"...

http://www1.conrad-uk.com/scripts/wgate/zcop_uk/~flNlc3Npb249UDkwX0NPUF9VSzpDX0FHQVRFMTQ6MDAwMC4wM GZkLjZmNDllNzk1Jn5odHRwX2NvbnRlbnRfY2hhcnNldD1pc28 tODg1OS0xJn5TdGF0ZT0zNzE2NTg5MzI2====?~template=PC AT_AREA_S_BROWSE&mfhelp=&p_selected_area=%24ROOT&p _selected_area_fh=&perform_special_action=&glb_use r_js=Y&shop=UK&vgl_artikel_in_index=&product_show_ id=&p_page_to_display=DirektSearch&~cookies=1&zhmm h_lfo=&zhmmh_area_kz=&s_haupt_kategorie=&p_searchs tring=fht+8&p_searchstring_artnr=&p_searchstring_m anufac_artnr=&p_search_category=alle&fh_directcall =&r3_matn=&insert_kz=&gvlon=&area_s_url=&brand=&am ount=&new_item_quantity=&area_url=&direkt_aufriss_ area=&p_countdown=&p_80=&p_80_category=&p_80_artic le=&p_next_template_after_login=&mindestbestellwer t=&login=&password=&bpemail=&bpid=&url=&show_wk=&u se_search=3&p_back_template=&template=&kat_save=&u pdatestr=&vgl_artikel_in_vgl=&titel=&darsteller=&r egisseur=&anbieter=&genre=&fsk=&jahr=&jahr2=&dvd_e rror=X&dvd_empty_error=X&dvd_year_error=&call_dvd= &kna_news=&p_status_scenario=&documentselector=&ak tiv=&gewinnspiel=&adcampaign=&gclid=&p_load_area=$ ROOT&p_artikelbilder_mode=&p_sortopt=&page=&p_cata log_max_results=20

This is no longer the case. During my upgrade I discovered that the significantly cheaper set "fht 8" ...

is also happy to register with the boiler box and call for heat just as the other more expensive versions (which I only bought as I thought I needed them to talk to the boiler box) in my setup do... Had I known this info before I set out I would have saved almost £200.

Whatsmore, these kits also come with the danfoss adaptors needed for danfoss and other trv's included in the cost! Some suppliers charge extra for these!

It seems that the cheaper sets will not talk to window sensors or any "central command" including pc interfaces but really, once you have the stats actuators and the boiler box all working together then you have the full energy (and money) saving potential of the system... the rest is bells and whistles!

So now intellegent heating controls have hopefully become more affordable for people...
Working...
X