Syncing a PC, Mac or Linux Box with your Android device.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Syncing a PC, Mac or Linux Box with your Android device.

It has taken me about 10 months but I have finally solved my biggest problem with my Android tablet, Thunderbird and Google calendar.
    I use the Lightning add on for Thunderbird and put my appointments in this. But I also use Google calendar which automatically syncs with the calendar app on my tablet. I then stopped using the Lightning addon as I couldn't sync it with Google.
    My goals where to transfer files to and from my tablet to PC or Linux box, and to sync the Lightning calendar with my tablet etc.
    Well today I achieved it.
    I use an app called Airdroid for wireless file transfer. Start app use the address it gives you to login via a browser on your Pc etc.Enter password and away you go. Both machines have to be on the same network.
    Now the tricky one until today. There is now an addon for Thunderbird that allows you to sync your Google calendar with Lightning. This is called Provider for Google Calendar.
    Its still early days well about 6 hours. but I was able to add an event in Lightning and within 5 minutes it was up in Google calendar and when I synced my tablet with Google it was on my tablet.
    So I am a happy chappy.
    Just thought I would share. As I am sure there are other people who would like to know this.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

I've heard mixed things about android tablets. How are you finding owning one?

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Love it. And it can play flash which the iPad can't do.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
      X