• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vores8
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2012

Speak RUSSIAN?

First of all, I am really impressed with this software and I was really lucky to find this on the net. Several months ago I started my HA project based on some industrial PLC to control the lights in my house. Everything works perfectly fine, the only missing piece was GUI.

And then I found livebox, xAPFlash an all that stuff! Live box is on the way from UK and I am practicing flash using internet browser

Again, everything is neraly perfect so far (thank you guys!) but as usual there is one missing piece.

As you may know, here in Russia we are not using Latin characters (well, most of them). Instead we are using those funny things that we call Cyrillic alphabet. And unfortunately I am unable to display any of this in xap flash.

Maybe somebody knows some magic spell to make this happen?

Thanks in advance (and thanks again for the project)
    Dmitry
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

The Joggler doesn't have inbuilt Cyrillic fonts so I never considered this. I am not an expert on localisation via browsers which is what I think you're using. Just a thought - have you tried including the approriate ISO encoding in the XML ? I could be talking rubbish.

K

Comment

• vores8
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2012

Kevin thanks for your reply. With my (rather embryonic) knowledge of flash the problem is not with Joggler. As I can see you are embedding Verdana font into the xapflash. Right now chartable for this font has only 242 characters that are present in iso-8859-1 codepage. On the other hand, more standard way will be using utf-8 encoding. To support utf-8 it would be great to replace embedded font with the full utf-8 code table of 773 characters.

Is this possible? I have verdana-utf-8 in svg and swf format and can send it to you if there is a chance you can embed them into xapflash.swf. I am ready to provide any other required assistance to make this happen

Thanks in advance
      Last edited by vores8; 3 February 2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Kevin
        • Jan 2004

You can define the font family to use - you're not restricted to Verdana, What happens if you use an appropriate different font that includes the characters you require ?

I appreciate that for your 773 characters you'd need to not be using a 7 bit or 8 bit character coding. I am not sure what is required for me to use utf-8 instead, the embedding of the existing verdana may be a red herring as IIRC this didn't carry through to the Joggler as I had expected and either it was replaced by an inbuilt version or substituted still.

K

Comment

• vores8
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jan 2012

Kevin

May I ask you to post some piece of config file that changes font to something other from Verdana? I've tried lots of different font names installed on my machine, but text is still in Verdana font

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Kevin
            • Jan 2004

It is very possible that labels are fixed font as they are an embedded element within an internal button SWF. Try using textboxes instead as these are distinct elements. You could either do it via ordinary text and the XML tags or by providing html formatted text with a style / font tag.

If you still need an example let me know. My XML will be slightly different to yours as it's for beta6 and so it'll just take me a bit of playing to get you something for beta5 text boxes. Someone else here might have a quick example ?

K

Comment

Working...
            X