Thread: xAP Zoneminder Schema

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Jr Member pete_c's Avatar

Default xAP Zoneminder Schema

I've utilized Zoneminder now for maybe something like 8 years or so. I implemented ZMxAP as an additional benefit to utilizing ZM.

Additionally I did some multipage DIY on building a Zoneminder box based on Ubuntu 11.XX. The "candy" for said build documentation was to be able to utilize xAP for "connecting" the box to the Home automation network. I have been using the messages to drive events on the Homeautomation server and its worked well.

I currently utilize Zoneminder xAP / 8 analogue and 5 IP cameras on one Ubuntu 11.04 box. I trigger events today based on xAP broadcasts. Mostly utilize "alarm" generated events based on motion detection algorithms as defined by Zoneminder. A package delivery generates a video, series of emailed pictures, text messages, etc. (something like maybe 4-5 distinct and concurrent events).

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Zmxap

The current message I see is:

xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FFEA0900
    class=xAPBSC.info
    source=zm.zoneminder.ZM-XAP-HOUSE
    pid=1319
    }
    output.state
    {
    State=on
    }
    I use these messages just fine to drive events. I have just been told though that the message does not comply with the xAPBSC schema. The source does not contain a full end point address (no subaddress component).

As defined in the wiki:

UID=FF123403
    Source=ACME.Controller.apartment:BedsideLamp
    Last edited by pete_c; 9th February 2012 at 02:59 PM.