• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cancunia
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2012

Scottish Power Unifi / GEO Ensemble protocol

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone knows the protocol used between the Intamac web site and the unifi bridge? I can see that it's http being used but the command and data structures are puzzling. I've searched the forum but can't see any references so was hoping that perhaps someone would have some pointers.

Thanks.
  • jogu
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2006

Originally posted by cancunia View Post
    Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone knows the protocol used between the Intamac web site and the unifi bridge? I can see that it's http being used but the command and data structures are puzzling. I've searched the forum but can't see any references so was hoping that perhaps someone would have some pointers.

Thanks.
    Hi Cancunia,

I actually just asked a similar question on the ukha email list!

Did you get anywhere with this? Any chance of sharing some of data you captured if not?

Thanks!

Comment

• cancunia
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2012

Hi there.

Unfortunately I've not been able to get anywhere. I'll take a look for the data capture but am not too hopeful as I've rebuilt my pc a few times. I did the capture using Netshark via a mirror of the lan ports on my router. It took a bit of faff to setup and I've since done a factory reset so while I am for sure interested I can't promise anything soon.

GEO were of ne help and declined full stop to reveal any info, that may have changed so might be worth asking them again

I found a webiste run by Intamac that allowed me top re pair the bridge and display after I did a total reset. I think I found the website via a search for 'Intamac Bridge Pair' or similar. The website had a name like bigdog... Anyway, what that site did enable was the pairing of the bridge and display, there were some other buttons on the web page which looked interesting but did not work.

Here it is, still there as of this morning:

Comment

• jogu
        Automated Home Lurker
        • May 2006

Hi Cancunia,

That URL looks awesome, many thanks for that - that doesn't look like info that was intended to be published!

I think I'm making progress with the protocol, I'll post another update when I have something I can share.

Joseph

Comment

• cancunia
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2012

Glad it was of use to you, I'd be interested to see any progress that you've made. PM me when you have something you're happy to share.

Comment

• jogu
            Automated Home Lurker
            • May 2006

Just published what I figured out here:

Executive summary The Scottish Power Unifi (and likely other similar devices developed by Green Energy Options or intamac) appear to be...

Unfortunately I've not managed to reverse engineer the backlink protocol for controlling the sockets - I would need some data captured from a real system that's linked to the geo or scottish power websites to do so. I've not found anyone that has admitted to having one!

Comment

• cancunia
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Feb 2012

Interesting stuff. The bridge MAC address appears to be in every post so am assuming that's the UID. Like you say, all data appears to go to an Intamac site. I'll see if I still have some notes on that when I get a chance. It would be interesting to decode the usage and temp data, I'm hopeless at that kind of thing unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
              X