• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gazza_d
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2011

New HA software suggestions welcomed

I'm on the lookout for a different Ha software application, and casting about for suggestions.

I currently run a few different web apps on a hacked pogoplug:
    • Ampache, & mediatomb for serving music and video over upnp and web.
    • Mollify as a personal "dropbox like" web based file store.
    • emonCMS for energy monitoring
    • Home Automation (http://karpero.mine.nu/ha/) nice webbased view and control of RF sockets via a telldus tellstick, and display of 1-wire temps.

As well as the Tellstick, I have a usb-1-wire adaptor and a bunch of 1-wire devices.

As a on/off simple solution, the HomeAutomation is great, however I now want to do some better chaining of actions as a start. An example is to after a pre-set time switch the Washer off and tweet/email that it has finished, which I cannot do at the moment. Ialso would like the ability to add cameras etc in the near future, as well as automated lighting based on time & motion/occupancy. And possibly Asterisk for voicemail and telephony.

Oh, yea and I want to run it on the pogoplug, and hopeully be able to control it from Nokia internet tablets and web browsers.

Front runners for me so far seem to be
    • Misterhouse
    • Domotiga
    • Freedomotic
    • Minerva

Misterhouse seems massive and the user interface seems a little bit old fashioned & clunky, as does Minerva.

Does anyone have any experience or other suggestions?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Try these links
    Linux home automation software and hardware using Insteon, X10, UPB, RS485 and Dallas onewire technology

The source for information on Linux/unix Smart Homes

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/ and search for Home Automation

Also in about 30 days time you could order a Raspberry PI and the GPIO board.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X