• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiteman
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2011

Transfer xapconfig onto Joggler

Just getting into this so it's all very new.

I've messed around with the xapconfig on my PC to change the layout, opened it up in firefox and it works OK. How do I now get the xapconfig.xml onto the joggler to try it on there.

I've got telnet access but don't have a clue how to use it, all I've done so far is copy and paste code, don't know how to browse and change files.
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Did you have a read through the instructions (see sticky at top of this forum)

There are now two different sets - the original ones included with the application and also the ones on the HAH Livebox site.

Have you got the rest of the xAPFlash files onto the Joggler ? - you need the complete set there not just the config file. By far the easiest way now is to use Bretts installer from those HAH instructions

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 9 March 2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• kiteman
      Automated Home Lurker
      • May 2011

Found the instructions and got it working

Comment

• pete_c
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2011

xAP Flash DIY post

Kevin,

With your permission looking to do a DIY post relating to installation and set up of your application on the Joggler on the Joggler Forum.

I've done the initial installation on one of the Jogglers as a test...but am going to start all over again such that I can document it a bit more for the DIY.

It'll be many pictures with a step by step if its OK with you?

The forum is here:

- Pete C
        HW-HAI OPII - X10,UPB,Z-Wave,Russound,1-Wire(X4 networks) OmniTouch screens, Intel & Arm Touchscreens (Android, Wintel & Linux)and OmniStat2
        SW-HSPro - Atom D525/4Gb -W2003SP2 X86 - 18 serial ports via USB (Digi Edgeports & Digi Hub)
        Weather Cumulus - Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue

Comment

• Kevin
          • Jan 2004

Pete,

The reason I have stayed away from the general Joggler general market is support. Not only with the general xAPFlash app but also with xAP itself as users on that forum will be unfamiliar with it. I forsee a lot of 'how do I control my TV | Lights | Music | Dishwasher | Kids questions . One approach that would minimise this is focussing on users who already use some home automation software that supports xAP or a specific application area , e.g. perhaps weather with Cumulus.

If you are prepared to assist such users on the Joggler forum , then I would say go for it....... and the work that Brett has done with his Wiki entry has been most useful , much more straightforward than my original instructions.

K
          Last edited by Kevin; 10 March 2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• pete_c
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Feb 2011

Thanks Kevin.

I don't mind supporting the Joggler users and would start with something simple "baby steps" to home automation concurrent with xAP.

I've requested that it would be a nice add to the newest most current version of the Joggler PnP II build.

Recently with the addition of XP and ICS to the Joggler base has revived the Jogglers a bit.

I was thinking of doing something similiar over on the Homeseer /Cocoontech Forums maybe with both the Joggler and Chumby providing an xAP introduction to HA with a couple of reasonably priced and easy to get touchscreen devices.

These little simple DIY's would be kind of an introduction into the world of xAP using some easy to get low cost touch screen devices (800Mhz Arm in the Chumby and 1.2Mhz Atom in the Joggler).
            - Pete C
            HW-HAI OPII - X10,UPB,Z-Wave,Russound,1-Wire(X4 networks) OmniTouch screens, Intel & Arm Touchscreens (Android, Wintel & Linux)and OmniStat2
            SW-HSPro - Atom D525/4Gb -W2003SP2 X86 - 18 serial ports via USB (Digi Edgeports & Digi Hub)
            Weather Cumulus - Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue

Comment

Working...
            X